• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Drew on Friday had his first sit-down meeting with new athletic director Malcolm Turner, sources told ESPN. In what would be an unusual move, Turner is looking to reassign Drew to another position in the school to avoid paying his buyout, according to sources.

New AD coming in and getting things done.

WOW...of course! Now that's how a private uni gets shit done!

Over/Under on number of days it takes for Shaka to VT after Texas loses their 2nd round NIT game?

Depends on whether the Hokies make it to the Sweet 16 or beyond. If Buzz beats Dook with Zion playing, his leverage will skyrocket. I expect TAMU will pay whatever he asks but it may take a few more days to get there.

Ron Hunter had his breakout postseason a few years ago. It seems like coaches who have a breakout year don’t get a new job until a few years later after they’ve shown it wasn’t a fluke. I don’t have numbers on that though.

Of course we didn’t do that with Manning.

Avery does the gentleman thing and reaches a settlement of a buy out not much different than DM's. Issues a statement thanking all parties. Class act. So much different than Manning.

Ron Hunter had his breakout postseason a few years ago. It seems like coaches who have a breakout year don’t get a new job until a few years later after they’ve shown it wasn’t a fluke. I don’t have numbers on that though.

Of course we didn’t do that with Manning.

So this season's breakout coaches would be good to hire in 2020 or 2021? Perfect!

Weird pick given the talented young coaches out there. Didn’t know Stackhouse was the G-League COY. Stack and Sheed both coaching. Good stuff.

Almost our list exactly, but swap out James Jones and Ryan Odom for Nate Oats and Wes Miller.

Back