• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
EDIT AS OF 3/22: I'm not updating this anymore.

Official thread on rjkarl's message board to track 2019 NCAA hoops coaching vacancies

Updated 3/18/2019 at 5:50pm est:
yIRO0UO.png

Probably Open:
Fordham
LSU - recruiting violations?
Richmond
Wake Forest

Maybe:
Arizona - recruiting violations?
BC
Cal
Nebraska
Penn State
St. John's

Probably not, but keep an eye out:
Air Force
DePaul
Loyola Marymount
Kansas - recruiting violations?
Maryland
Minnesota
Stetson
Texas
VMI

Last edited:
He's not going anywhere unless LSU gets the death penalty. At which time he'll leave for a new job as a head coach making slightly less money.

Looks likeMonica might have some competition in Coral over at Driftwood ! Ain't she a looker ?

o.jpg

Monica doesn't stand a chance against these ladies !

o.jpg

I heard Ga Tech might be bringing back Paul Hewitt.

Wake Forest probably open? For real? Where have I been?

Ohio fires Saul Phillips.

No impact on Wake, of course, but more proof that you can just fire a guy without waiting until after the conference tournament concludes.

Texas A&M reportedly will fire Billy Kennedy as soon as they lose in the SEC Tourney.

Other openings:

Kennesaw State
Stetson
Cal Poly
Fairfield
Niagara
Southern Illinois
Tenn Tech
UCLA
Mercer
Troy

Temple's Fran Dunphy is retiring, and his replacement will be Aaron McKie

Other jobs expected to be open:

BC
Tulane
Wash State
Manhattan (Masiello never recovered from his diploma scandal)
Fordham
Richmond
Indiana State
GW

Also, it appeared like Sean Miller knew the writing was on the wall when he said goodbye to the AZ faithful after the Wildcats last home game.

Ohio fires Saul Phillips.

No impact on Wake, of course, but more proof that you can just fire a guy without waiting until after the conference tournament concludes.

I think we have waited in the past and are doing so again because it's the Wake Forest Way to not take anything away from the pomp and pageantry of the ACC Tournament (on full display yesterday and today)

I'm not defending the Wake Forest Way in this instance but that's my theory

Texas A&M reportedly will fire Billy Kennedy as soon as they lose in the SEC Tourney.

Other openings:

Kennesaw State
Stetson
Cal Poly
Fairfield
Niagara
Southern Illinois
Tenn Tech
UCLA
Mercer
Troy

Temple's Fran Dunphy is retiring, and his replacement will be Aaron McKie

Other jobs expected to be open:

BC
Tulane
Wash State
Manhattan (Masiello never recovered from his diploma scandal)
Fordham
Richmond
Indiana State
GW

Also, it appeared like Sean Miller knew the writing was on the wall when he said goodbye to the AZ faithful after the Wildcats last home game.

I don't know if WSU can afford to buy out Ernie Kent. The previous AD rolled over his contract every year the first three years of the deal.

Back