• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible WF Women's Basketball Coaching Candidates

The reported hand injuries this year are unusual.

Coach Hoover has had 7 years. She has never approached .500 in the conference in those 7 years. Her overall conference record is 31-85, barely 25% winning. She has never finished above 9th in the ACC. Injuries are a partial excuse, but those other years???

I am sure Currie saw lots of fine coaches on the Tennessee staff while he was there. They could be good candidates or sources of candidates for him. I think Wake (and Currie) can do better than Hoover.

However, I have not idea what her contract is, and I would just as soon Wake not spend much if anything buying her out.

But, she has had 7 years to prove that she can get the job done, and she hasn't done it.

One thing's for sure - if Manning is dismissed Hoover will not be. No way Wellman cans both on his way out the door. I know some say it's a done deal with Manning, but I actually think a more likely scenario is that Hoover is let go and Manning retained.

Coach Hoover has had 7 years. She has never approached .500 in the conference in those 7 years. Her overall conference record is 31-85, barely 25% winning. She has never finished above 9th in the ACC. Injuries are a partial excuse, but those other years???

I am sure Currie saw lots of fine coaches on the Tennessee staff while he was there. They could be good candidates or sources of candidates for him. I think Wake (and Currie) can do better than Hoover.

However, I have not idea what her contract is, and I would just as soon Wake not spend much if anything buying her out.

But, she has had 7 years to prove that she can get the job done, and she hasn't done it.

31-85 is better than the combined records of Bz and Woody over the last 9 years

Seems like this is a consistent issue. Given that no one holds the program to any expectations, I wonder if effort/desire could be a issue too. If you're not going to win, it's much easier to stay on the sideline with your injury and enjoy your paid in full education

This is rather offensive to team. If you've watched them, effort isn't generally the problem.

One thing's for sure - if Manning is dismissed Hoover will not be. No way Wellman cans both on his way out the door. I know some say it's a done deal with Manning, but I actually think a more likely scenario is that Hoover is let go and Manning retained.
Lol

This is rather offensive to team. If you've watched them, effort isn't generally the problem.

Oh good. Glad to hear the uninjured players are trying super hard, but I'm not sure how that is evidence that the injured players aren't milking it a bit.

Back