• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Zion Done at Duke?

If he blows out his knee, his endorsement deals will be put on hold for at least a year. There's virtually no upside to him playing another minute for Duke....well, unless K pays him seven figures out of his or Nike's pocket.
Can’t the same be said for RJ & Cam? They are going top 5 and don’t have a prior injury for NBA teams to consider. The smart thing for all 3 of them to do is say “we good”. Does it only become acceptable if you get hurt first?

Can’t the same be said for RJ & Cam? They are going top 5 and don’t have a prior injury for NBA teams to consider. The smart thing for all 3 of them to do is say “we good”. Does it only become acceptable if you get hurt first?

But Zion does have an injury. Playing with a weakened knee does only Duke good. He owes Duke nothing. He should think about his and his family's future.

I agree he doesn’t owe them shit. My point is that neither do the other two.

Nice 6 point and 2 rebound game in 29 minutes in his final home game for overrated Cam Reddish...versus very poor Wake Forest.

Do not draft.

But they aren't hurt...I wouldn't hate it if they sat out... :)

There is a chance that Zion isn’t really hurt, but got a major scare and has been contemplating whether it is worth returning.
Coach K wouldn’t let that info get out. He would look like he isn’t t in control.

There is a chance that Zion isn’t really hurt, but got a major scare and has been contemplating whether it is worth returning.
Coach K wouldn’t let that info get out. He would look like he isn’t t in control.

There's a chance I could win the lottery.

There's a chance I could win the lottery.

I don’t think it’s a crazy idea that Zion could play right now if his people weren’t advising him not to. Don’t you believe Duke would continue the injury storyline to mask the controversy?

Nice 6 point and 2 rebound game in 29 minutes in his final home game for overrated Cam Reddish...versus very poor Wake Forest.

Do not draft.
I agree. Cam is from my home town and may have led Norristown to the state championship if he had gone the public school route. Like many Dookies, he will have a decent NBA career and make loads of bucks, but never be a star. He really could use another year of college development which won't happen.

I don’t think it’s a crazy idea that Zion could play right now if his people weren’t advising him not to. Don’t you believe Duke would continue the injury storyline to mask the controversy?

I mean it would be mutually beneficial to both Duke and Zion to maintain the current narrative if he is in fact healthy and has decided/is being advised not to play. Obviously nobody here gives a shit if Zion decides he’s done playing cbb, but there’s a lot of fucking weirdos and Walmart Duke fans out there (the kind of folk who tweet at croots) that would start blowing up his social and getting real weird about it. At the end of the day, this narrative is just a lot easier for all parties to deal with, assuming he’s actually good to play.

My conspiracy theory is that Zion actually has a torn acl and K And Nike (big shoe) are covering it up because of the shoe blowout. He will be the number one pick but don’t be surprised when he misses all of training camp and maybe the first month of nba season because of his knee “sprain “

My conspiracy theory is that Zion actually has a torn acl and K And Nike (big shoe) are covering it up because of the shoe blowout. He will be the number one pick but don’t be surprised when he misses all of training camp and maybe the first month of nba season because of his knee “sprain “

There is zero chance that this wouldn’t come out.

If this truly is the case, look for a "reinjured in practice" message coming soon. Duke will protect the Nike cash cow.

Just amazing how many flame outs, injuries and under performers are in the NBA from dook. Zion is doomed by the curse of dook. Any of the zillion dookies on the list for the NBA HOF? With all the dookies in the nba, I think, Parks (spurs via Duncan) and Battier (via LeBron) have won NBA titles.

You can just put this Zion injury in the bucket of mysterious stuff that happens to the dook stars on their way to the NBA HOF.

Just amazing how many flame outs, injuries and under performers are in the NBA from dook. Zion is doomed by the curse of dook. Any of the zillion dookies on the list for the NBA HOF? With all the dookies in the nba, I think, Parks (spurs via Duncan) and Battier (via LeBron) have won NBA titles.

You can just put this Zion injury in the bucket of mysterious stuff that happens to the dook stars on their way to the NBA HOF.

Kyrie

Did not look good for Bolden. He immediately grabbed his knee

Back