• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

L$U paying more than rookie minimum apparently

Hopefully we can get a first choice hired before jobs start opening from the FBI fallout.

Burn it all down. Fuck it. (Not just saying this because Wake is in a down-cycle)

It would be fascinating to know how far in college basketball this goes. Rival bias aside, does UNC do this, does Kentucky, does Duke, do or did we (#newculture)? We will likely never know, but damn . . . an NCAA Power Five coach on the phone orchestrating big time payments to recruits? Who knows. The NCAA has Thor’s Hammer but with all the schools involved I thing Thor’s nads are unfortunately going to shrivel up.

This coach knew he gave a strong offer because he knows the market value. That indicates coaches know what other coaches are paying. Is somebody going to sing? Wrangor?

If coaches know what others are paying and who they are, I would think it's only a matter of time before one of them talks.....maybe to reduce their sentence. Once one talks, the dam will break.

Wait, I thought Ben Simmons went to LSU because of their strong basketball history combined with top-notch academics. Why would anyone be surprised by this? Why is it even a story?

It would be fascinating to know how far in college basketball this goes. Rival bias aside, does UNC do this, does Kentucky, does Duke, do or did we (#newculture)? We will likely never know, but damn . . . an NCAA Power Five coach on the phone orchestrating big time payments to recruits? Who knows. The NCAA has Thor’s Hammer but with all the schools involved I thing Thor’s nads are unfortunately going to shrivel up.

lol

UNC just got away with a 20+ year cheating scandal.

There is not a team competing for national championships in basketball or football that is not paying players. Silly to think you can run a multi-million dollar business with mandated free labor and someone isn’t going to look for an edge.

This coach knew he gave a strong offer because he knows the market value. That indicates coaches know what other coaches are paying. Is somebody going to sing? Wrangor?

Conversations with handlers are how coaches know what other teams are offering.

Eric Dickerson told me he took a pay cut to go to the NFL from SMU. :)

Reminds me of a story - Jeff Bowers was the QB coach at wake in the mid 80's, when Dickerson was in a contract dispute with the Rams(?). I asked him about it and he said - they should pay him at least what we were paying him at SMU. :eek:

lol

UNC just got away with a 20+ year cheating scandal.

Yeah, it depends who is involved. We saw with the UNC situation an unwillingness to punish a power program for blatent academic fraud. NCAA clearly is looking out for the schools that move the needle regarding eyeballs on tv sets. It certainly sounds like this is a widespread issue, as most have suspected.

Reminds me of a story - Jeff Bowers was the QB coach at wake in the mid 80's, when Dickerson was in a contract dispute with the Rams(?). I asked him about it and he said - they should pay him at least what we were paying him at SMU. :eek:

Stacy Augmon, who played for Tark at UNLV, was asked what was the biggest adjustment going from UNLV to the NBA. He said the salary cap..."we didn't have one of those at UNLV".

Oh hell no! Not UNC. The tar holes are a paragon of virtue. Just ask Roy Boy.

Wait, I thought Ben Simmons went to LSU because of their strong basketball history combined with top-notch academics. Why would anyone be surprised by this? Why is it even a story?

To be fair, Ben Simmons godfather was an assistant for LSU when he went

Get rid of the one and done's. This will take the top 15-50 players to the NBA or the D-league. Allow college athletes to own their own likeness and provide a reasonable stipend.

Back