• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ilhan Omar Takes Victory Lap: Resolution 1st Vote Against ‘Anti-Muslim Bigotry’

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.. Ilhan has the D-Donkey by the balls..

“Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) celebrated the passage of a resolution against antisemitism in the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday, even though her own antisemitic remarks triggered the vote, because it was the first time Congress had condemned “Anti-Muslim bigotry.”

The World Jewish Congress criticized Democrats for “watering down” language on antisemitism after including a variety of other groups that had little or no relation to the controversy. The resolution also failed to name Omar.

In a joint statement with Reps. Rashid Tlaib (D-MI) and André Carson (D-IN), the other Muslims in Congress, Omar said:

Today is historic on many fronts. It’s the first time we have ever voted on a resolution condemning Anti-Muslim bigotry in our nation’s history. Anti-Muslim crimes have increased 99% from 2014-2016 and are still on the rise.

We are tremendously proud to be part of a body that has put forth a condemnation of all forms of bigotry including anti-Semitism, racism, and white supremacy. At a time when extremism is on the rise, we must explicitly denounce religious intolerance of all kinds and acknowledge the pain felt by all communities. Our nation is having a difficult conversation and we believe this is great progress.

Omar neither retracted nor apologized for her own antisemitic comments, in which she claimed that Americans who support Israel owe “allegiance to a foreign country.” It was her second antisemitic outburst in recent weeks.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ution-first-vote-against-anti-muslim-bigotry/

Islamo Fascist Beotch will keep stepping in it..

True colors

Conservatives love discussing religious freedom until it comes to a religion they don't like

So it’s offensive when people suggest that Black Lives Matter is exclusive of other lives mattering but we are supposed to laud the fact that condemning anti-semitism is too exclusive?

Still waiting for any member of the Tunnels' Left to explain this one

So it’s offensive when people suggest that Black Lives Matter is exclusive of other lives mattering but we are supposed to laud the fact that condemning anti-semitism is too exclusive?

You don't understand evolving lubery: she is the member of two officially designated victim groups (Muslim woman), and therefore she is forever innocent (as long as she can present herself as fighting for officially designated victim groups)

and oh yeah, sorry Jews, you are no longer necessarily considered to be an officially designated victim group, could relegation to officially designated oppressor group be far behind?

I’m glad you’ve taken the advice to vigorously stretch each morning.

Conservatives love discussing religious freedom until it comes to a religion they don't like

Well, it’s not much of a religion but is a helluva political strategy.

I just like that you Dems are in bed with an ideology that hates women, gays, Jews.. Good call Libs

Black lives matter. Not matter more. Not matter at the expense of other lives mattering. Just matter. And conservatives apparently think this is somehow way too far?

Meanwhile, in WV, Omar was essentially called a terrorist and was tied to 9/11, but adding islamophobia and white supremacy to an anti-hate resolution prompted 23 Republicans to vote against it and noted white supremacist Steve King to vote present. Again, not condemning anti-Semitism any less, just including more hate to denounce.

But I know you’re smarter than the post you made, so I know it’s disingenuous.

You don't understand evolving lubery: she is the member of two officially designated victim groups (Muslim woman), and therefore she is forever innocent (as long as she can present herself as fighting for officially designated victim groups)

and oh yeah, sorry Jews, you are no longer necessarily considered to be an officially designated victim group, could relegation to officially designated oppressor group be far behind?

It is in Europe.. look at these ‘parade’ pics from Belgium..

https://observers.france24.com/en/20190306-belgium-carnival-aalst-anti-semitic-racist-floats

“A carnival parade in the city of Aalst, in Belgium's Flemish region, has come under criticism for offensive costumes and displays – and not for the first time. The parade on Sunday, March 3, featured people dressed in Ku Klux Klan costumes, people in blackface, and one float with huge models of stereotypically Jewish figures.

It was this last float that fuelled the most outrage. Videos and pictures of it circulated on social media and YouTube. The float is fronted by two giant models in pink suits, wearing sidelocks and shtreimels – a fur hat traditionally worn by Hasidic Jews – and with large, hooked noses. One of them has a rat on his shoulder. Both are standing on piles of gold coins and are surrounded by bags of money.”

:heart::heart::heart:

We could make this a lot easier for everyone if our government didn't recognize religion at all. People would be allowed to worship freely, but the government would not validate one religion over another.

Lets start by removing tax exempt status for religious institutions. Churches have always been inherently political, so lets pull back that veil and make them pay their fair share.

Yes. A resolution just addressing anti-semitism would be akin to all of the Blue Lives Matter rhetoric in response to Black Lives Matter protests.

Well, it’s not much of a religion but is a helluva political strategy.

I just like that you Dems are in bed with an ideology that hates women, gays, Jews.. Good call Libs

Dems are in bed with evangelical Christianity?

Breaking news at 11

Because only brainwashed RWers don't understand that BLM never has meant exclusively black lives. It was started to show that black lives didn't matter and there were problems specific to people of color.

RWers like Junebug and Angus love being told what to think rather than to think.

Black lives matter. Not matter more. Not matter at the expense of other lives mattering. Just matter. And conservatives apparently think this is somehow way too far?

Meanwhile, in WV, Omar was essentially called a terrorist and was tied to 9/11, but adding islamophobia and white supremacy to an anti-hate resolution prompted 23 Republicans to vote against it and noted white supremacist Steve King to vote present. Again, not condemning anti-Semitism any less, just including more hate to denounce.

This -- I saw that lame talking point on twitter and I see Junebug got his marching orders. Sorry, it doesn't work -- at all.

She's so good. They are going to destroy her.

yep. damn conservative 'gotcha' skills on this board are poor

Back