• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - FSU - Noon Raycom

4 assists and one was a gimme to let Bilas get a shot

not that I would expect more with no offensive game plan but 4 #$@%#$^! assists, you got to work to have that few

To quote Danny Manning “We got to make shots“

That was classic - though technically Manning did draw it up. However, that being the shot that we got reflects two things. First that we really don't have a play that we can run in that situation. Or any situation really. And secondly, how clueless our players are. Its obvious that there is no attention to detail from the top down for our basketball program, and it is reflected on the decisions that are made on the court.

I’m assuming he’s the guy in charge of designing sets for in bounds plays under the basket. I do know we usually just lob a pass into the back court.

Yep, we had 3 assists total in our game against Louisville earlier this year.

Anybody like the under the basket inbounds play with 2 seconds on the shot clock play that Danny drew up to get Sunday Okeke the ball behind the three point line?

This is why he didn’t call timeout at Duke. Figured chances of getting lucky were better than him doing anything worthwhile.

Have to make shots. What a [Redacted]'ian thing to say. Blame. The. Kids!

you have to put those kids in a position to be successful. If they had any offense (or defense) gameplan to speak of and they just miss shots thats one thing. If the kids look like they are on their own every single game you can't blame them for just "missing shots."

This team had a few moments thanks to nestor but you can't overcome danny's level of basketball dumb.

Well, the regular season is in the book for our top 20 recruiting class. 4-14 and a fine 13th place finish in the ACC. And 2 less overall wins than anybody else in the ACC. Ol' Danny Boy gettin' it done in 5 full misery laden years!

To quote Danny Manning “We got to make shots“

Does he not realize that "making shots" is a lot easier if the guy making the shot gets to move without the ball and gets the ball when he is in a good situation to shoot? "Good situation" in this context means location on the floor relative to the player's shooting abilities and location of defenders (not close at time of shot.)

Anybody like the under the basket inbounds play with 2 seconds on the shot clock play that Danny drew up to get Sunday Okeke the ball behind the three point line?

I went to the game today and that was when I got up and left.

Does he not realize that "making shots" is a lot easier if the guy making the shot gets to move without the ball and gets the ball when he is in a good situation to shoot? "Good situation" in this context means location on the floor relative to the player's shooting abilities and location of defenders (not close at time of shot.)

To answer your question. He does not.

Depending on Manning staying or firing----------we will look for transfer list WEDNESDAY or whenever decision is made

Just finished watching on the DVR (11 am cst is a bit early) and I can't read through the entire 8 pages of posts (well actually I could but I'm not). Our team is almost described by the time Wright had the ball taken away from him and he had no idea where the ball was and was desperately looking or the ball.

My view of the team, beside the DM narrative, is that the Freshman have hit the wall, like many do. Sadly, Chaundee and Childress seem to have figured their games out a lot more.

Back