• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - FSU - Noon Raycom

Pilchard

Reaction score
Our Deacs play their regular season finale tomorrow at noon against the Florida State Seminoles. Here is the link to the earlier report on the Noles:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/29384-KP-Report-on-the-Florida-State-Seminoles-8-pm-Tonight-ACC-Network-and-ESPN-3?highlight=KP+Report+Florida

Update: Did you know that the Noles have lost one game in the last 45 days? On January 20, FSU completed a two game road-trip with ghastly losses at Pitt and at BC to start the ACC season off 1-4. The Noles prospects looked grim at that point. Since then, FSU has won 11 of 12, and they have clinched a double bye and the #4 seed in the ACC Tournament -- after tomorrow's game, FSU will not play until 2:30 next Thursday in the ACC Quarters. FSU is currently 24-6 (12-5), and they could be as high as a #3 or #4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

FSU remains balanced and deep as the Noles have 8 players averaging 6 points per game or more. Last time against a WF, a dominating 88-66 FSU win, the Noles, 7-4 C Christ Koumadje demolished the Deacs inside with a season high 20 points on 10 for 12 shooting. In the their last game, FSU didn't need Christ, as he was shutout and only played 7 minutes in a 73-64 OT win over VT. The last time FSU played at the Joel, January 31, 2018, WF pulled the 76-72 upset (Chaundee had 15 and Childress had 14).

Bottom line: KP projects a 76-65 FSU victory -- 15% chance of a WF win. Given that this game has little meaning for FSU and given their tendency to sleep walk against lesser opponents (FSU is 3-5 ATS against the bottom tier of the ACC), guessing that WF will keep the game within double digits. A slight lean to WF to cover.

Our Deacs play their regular season finale tomorrow at noon against the Florida State Seminoles. Here is the link to the earlier report on the Noles:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/29384-KP-Report-on-the-Florida-State-Seminoles-8-pm-Tonight-ACC-Network-and-ESPN-3?highlight=KP+Report+Florida

Update: Did you know that the Noles have lost one game in the last 45 days? On January 20, FSU completed a two game road-trip with ghastly losses at Pitt and at BC to start the ACC season off 1-4. The Noles prospects looked grim at that point. Since then, FSU has won 11 of 12, and they have clinched a double bye and the #4 seed in the ACC Tournament -- after tomorrow's game, FSU will not play until 2:30 next Thursday in the ACC Quarters. FSU is currently 24-6 (12-5), and they could be as high as a #3 or #4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

FSU remains balanced and deep as the Noles have 8 players averaging 6 points per game or more. Last time against a WF, a dominating 88-66 FSU win, the Noles, 7-4 C Christ Koumadje demolished the Deacs inside with a season high 20 points on 10 for 12 shooting. In the their last game, FSU didn't need Christ, as he was shutout and only played 7 minutes in a 73-64 OT win over VT. The last time FSU played at the Joel, January 31, 2018, WF pulled the 76-72 upset (Chaundee had 15 and Childress had 14).

Bottom line: KP projects a 76-65 FSU victory -- 15% chance of a WF win. Given that this game has little meaning for FSU and given their tendency to sleep walk against lesser opponents (FSU is 3-5 ATS against the bottom tier of the ACC), guessing that WF will keep the game within double digits. A slight lean to WF to cover.

Pulling upsets against FSU basketball. What a world we live in, have been living in, and will probably continue to live in.

Will there be a ceremony for Manning since it is his last game for the deacs?

Pulling upsets against FSU basketball. What a world we live in, have been living in, and will probably continue to live in.

Kind of understand your point, but FSU went to the Elite 8 last year.

No chance in hell I wager on this one.

Agree that FSU could sleepwalk, but unsure that matters... And who knows how the Deacs will play after that heartbreaking loss @ Duke.

I predict a lackluster performance from both teams and not really a blowout but not a nail biter either. 62-49 free shoes.

No chance in hell I wager on this one.

Agree that FSU could sleepwalk, but unsure that matters... And who knows how the Deacs will play after that heartbreaking loss @ Duke.

We will lose by 20+ ... but the heartache will soon be over.

Actually going tomorrow. Promised kids i would take them to a game this year $2 on vividseats is highway robbery

If I supported F$U in an intrasquad game, five guys would come off the street and beat me. There's something about F$U bball for the past thirty years or so that makes me incapable of picking their bball games. I have no idea what it is, but I couldn't do pick a winner with them after the game ends.

Do you any of you have blindspot teams that you can't pick?

If I supported F$U in an intrasquad game, five guys would come off the street and beat me. There's something about F$U bball for the past thirty years or so that makes me incapable of picking their bball games. I have no idea what it is, but I couldn't do pick a winner with them after the game ends.

GT football.

Look at you putting that $ in F$U.

I think someone else used a dollar sign for an "S" in a third party's name recently and people lost their $hit.

Back