• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
On Thursday, March 20th at 5pm, Jeff [Redacted] was officially relieved of his coaching duties at a Wake Forest press conference.

When will the bell toll for Danny Manning?

Bonus points for guessing the date/time of the first tweet that breaks the story (and who tweets it).

I’ll take Tuesday, March 19th at 4pm for the press conference.

Bonus: David Glenn tweets it on Monday the 18th at 7pm.

I’ll take March 18th at 4pm and Dan Wolken tweets it out with a couple candidates included that morning.

I predict not soon enough and I am worried it won'y happen until March 2020

It leaks on Sunday March 17 with the presser the next day

March 20, 2019. Noon. Spring cleaning.

Tweet by Les, Tuesday evening 7 PM.

Friday, March 15th...presser at 4:00. Currie will want some press at the tourny.

So if 2020 whatcha gonna do about it that you haven’t already done - that would make any difference

If Danny Manning's status is unchanged by the time the sweet 16 is set, expect him to be coaching Wake in 2019-2020.

I assume that there will be the regularly scheduled end of year meeting... And yeah, if he’s not fired coming out if that, he’s not going to be fired.

But he is going to be fired.

I assume that there will be the regularly scheduled end of year meeting... And yeah, if he’s not fired coming out if that, he’s not going to be fired.

But he is going to be fired.
Sooner or later but we won’t have any influence on when

Really hope we can drop the act with this end of the season meeting nonsense. Shouldn’t have to meet with a coach who had his fourth season with 19+ losses.

Really hope we can drop the act with this end of the season meeting nonsense. Shouldn’t have to meet with a coach who had his fourth season with 19+ losses.

Seriously. Have this ready to go so that the moment he loses in the ACC tournament he is gone the next day.

Agree. But I just assume it’ll happen anyway.

Why does Wake do this resignation bullshit? Like when Bz did it Wellman put on this act like he was shocked to hear it.

You really don’t see it elsewhere.

Why does Wake do this resignation bullshit? Like when Bz did it Wellman put on this act like he was shocked to hear it.

You really don’t see it elsewhere.

The resignation instead of firing is legal business that impacts future obligations of both parties.

The "shocked" part is puzzling, considering the extremely high likelihood the resignation was requested.

But if it's a legal thing, why are we the only ones that seem to do it?

Back