• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

Understood, except Wellman did just this in 2012 and 2013 when he didn't can [Redacted], who was also under contract. From March 2013:

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/w...cle_76ef0772-9673-11e2-9fa3-001a4bcf6878.html

Makes me cringe.

I’m really sorry guys. We are all getting the equivalent of taking hot karl’s to the face for another season (google “hot Karl” if you don’t know).

If Manning comes back for another year I will completely disavow Wake Forest and pull exclusively for Stanford. After all, I spent more money at Stanford than I ever spent at Wake.

If Manning comes back for another year I will completely disavow Wake Forest and pull exclusively for Stanford. After all, I spent more money at Stanford than I ever spent at Wake.

Some of you are late to the game. I stopped giving Asshat Ron money four years ago. Funny thing is all they care about are the top twenty or so donors and the ACC money. They don’t need the average alumnus or fan. Deacon Mountain is just like they like it. A fucking mountain of Conceit on fire. Fucking dumbasses. You’ll get Danny or some retread and like it! It’s the Wake Forest Way, rubes!

Some of you are late to the game. I stopped giving Asshat Ron money four years ago. Funny thing is all they care about are the top twenty or so donors and the ACC money. They don’t need the average alumnus or fan. Deacon Mountain is just like they like it. A fucking mountain of Conceit on fire. Fucking dumbasses. You’ll get Danny or some retread and like it! It’s the Wake Forest Way, rubes!

I hope you are wrong... but financially speaking Wake and all the ACC schools are to get 10 Million per year from the ACC/ESPN (factually, look it up). So follow the money. " We have found the enemy [tv] and it is us": Pogo

If he's not gone by the end of business tomorrow, it will be scary.

If he's not gone by the end of business tomorrow, it will be scary.

Or, you know, maybe Tuesday like everyone has been saying?

Hopefully they move it up to tomorrow but I've been hearing Tuesday from everyone.

I'm guessing no press conference for the firing part, just a statement. Then obviously a presser for the new corch.

A press conference for a coach firing is pointless. Will just be filled with non answers of thanking Manning, wishing him the best, we just weren’t getting the results we expect, etc. and all answers about the next coach will be trying to find the right person for the job, evaluating all options, looking for Wake Forest values, etc.

A press conference is the Wake Forest way. I expect Wellman to “take credit” for the firing and then appoint Currie to do the legwork on finding a new coach.

one of the best weeks in Wake sports history with boys tennis winning against UVA, girls tennis winning in conference, big ACC baseball series win, Heppenstell amazing, girls golf dominating over a great field, boys golf in first place yet the administration won't take us out of our misery by announcing that our basketball coach has stepped aside.

I'm guessing no press conference for the firing part, just a statement. Then obviously a presser for the new corch.

I would expect there to be a press conference is they decide to remove Manning. If they decide otherwise, there may even be a press conference, but I'm less confident of that.

I was told there was a press conference when [Redacted] was let go.

I think they will do it on a Tuesday later in the tourney as to not step on any pre/post game news. We might poach a coach that just ended his season.

Back