• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart - What's Your Reaction?

What is your reaction if Shaka Smart is hired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the [Redacted] hire I was baffled but cautiously optimistic.

With the Manning hire I was optimistic but not excited. He was unproven.

If we hire Shaka I’ll roll the quad with excitement.

Rick Barnes seems to have fared much better once he left Austin (for Knoxville of all places).

Shaka has as many Final Fours on his resume as Wake has in 113 years of basketball.

Wake has been ranked in the top 25 exactly one week in the last decade: #23 the week of 2/15/10 - Dino’s final year.

Shaka seems like as good of an option as any to get us back on the road to respectability sooner rather than later.

I guarantee NCAAT in 3 years if Shaka is hired. Sweet Sixteen in 4.

Wouldn't be surprised if both conservative timelines are beaten.

This poll proves 20% of our fans base are miserable fans, and 5% are miserable cunts.

I agree that Shaka would bring question marks especially since how Texas has played out for him. However, any realistic option will bring questions. The current mid-major coaching prospects would all have to prove themselves in competing and recruiting at an ACC school. Considering the last two hires and the current condition of this program, I'm not sure how anyone's expectations for the next hire could be higher than Shaka Smart.

I guarantee NCAAT in 3 years if Shaka is hired. Sweet Sixteen in 4.

Wouldn't be surprised if both conservative timelines are beaten.

Ahead of schedule.

Hatch FUCKED Shaka. That info came from someone who has known SHAKA's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA. So far everything he has said has been true.

The biggest question Wake is, "Will Curry and Hatch join the 21st century ACC or live in the past?" If Chris Holtman got $71M/10 years as a base at Ohio St, a top level coach will want at least $50m or so at Wake.

Do they want to lose or win?

Back