• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

Mutual interest from Texas or from Shaka? I think we need both to make it all work.

It just seems kinda awkward - so Currie goes to his old boss at UT and basically says “hey i know you wanna get rid of Shaka - we’ll take ‘em off your hands for you and save you the buyout”? And Currie would have to talk to Shaka about it at some point which is also weird. And i’m guessing none of this happens until after they flame out at B12 tourney, right?

What's going to come out is that Wellman has been selling volleyball scholarships for $100k a pop to help payoff Manning's buyout. Sadly the feds heard about it before we had cycled 180 players through the system and we don't have the $18m yet.

You heard it hear first.

Yes and in the same vein we need to figure out some other team to take Manning off our hands to save that buyout.

Not really. We can pay Shaka to cover the Texas buyout and they can give us less than the Shaka buyout to cover some to all of Manning’s buyout. Texas saves a few millions. We get a new coach and save some millions too.

Last edited:
Because the Will Wade stuff happened entirely at LSU.

So we're to believe he didn't do anything nefarious at any of his previous stops, and that the fairytale underdog stories that happened at Harvard and VCU while he was there was as a result of hard work/good luck?

So we're to believe he didn't do anything nefarious at any of his previous stops, and that the fairytale underdog stories that happened at Harvard and VCU while he was there was as a result of hard work/good luck?

What recruits do you think he had to buy at VCU? They didn't land any big recruits there and had the final 4 appearance to recruit off of.

So basically buckets is giving us info that’s already been rumored for a while now. Is there any new info you can give us?

So basically buckets is giving us info that’s already been rumored for a while now. Is there any new info you can give us?

not really, just that i heard the rumor from a source more trusted than these message boards

not really, just that i heard the rumor from a source more trusted than these message boards

But did your source here it from a source more trusted than message boards?

And your source said basically “it’s not a fake rumor, it’s a possibility. The chances of it happening are low, though.” ?? Trying to get a grasp on this.

And your source said basically “it’s not a fake rumor, it’s a possibility. The chances of it happening are low, though.” ?? Trying to get a grasp on this.

basically - yes

there are two buyouts to deal with. also timing - texas might make the tournament. texas doesn't want to ship off shaka without a good idea of who they will hire and their targets might also be in coaching in the tournament. not a secret that they like chris beard. we might fire danny this week, so what does wake do in the meantime? a lot of logistics.

my sense is that it's possible if the stars align, but no one is working feverishly to pull it off (that's my inference)

fwiw - it is probably a good sign if danny is not fired for another week or two on the shaka front

fwiw - it is probably a good sign if danny is not fired for another week or two on the shaka front

Why? I’d put the “for sale” sign in front of the yard now. At least create the optics that we talked to a few people before pulling the trigger. I still don’t get how Ron could do such a good job on his last two football hires and really couldn’t have done any worse with the two hoops hires. Stick with the MAC i guess - hello Oats.

Back