• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

my sense is that it's possible if the stars align, but no one is working feverishly to pull it off (that's my inference)
Mutual interest from Shaka or mutual interest from Texas? Know there are a lot of moving parts

[Redacted] lost his last game March 13 and resigned March 20

So Danny has a week

I think there will be a press conference tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Manning is gone this week.

Go get Mark Few. Give him whatever he wants. He would be the perfect fit!

I think there will be a press conference tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Manning is gone this week.

Do ADs need to stay in Charlotte for the duration of the tournament whether or not their team is still in it? If so I’d imagine that would curb any presser.

Do ADs need to stay in Charlotte for the duration of the tournament whether or not their team is still in it? If so I’d imagine that would curb any presser.

Yeah. Friday morning is a likely PC time. They can head back to Charlotte for the semis at night.

I’m thinking next Monday, or maybe even Tuesday.

Don't waste my time. Press release some thank you's and platitudes and gtfo.

Only way this deserves a press conference is if ronnie pisses himself while spouting bs that everyone in the room knows is false. I'm all in on that show.

Yeah. Friday morning is a likely PC time. They can head back to Charlotte for the semis at night.

Would there be a press conference to announce a coach is being fired? It would make more sense to just issue a press release and then have the press conference to announce the new coach.

I don't think that's true. I think they only show up if they are actually an employee during that fiscal year. Common wisdom was always that both Gaudio and Grobe were paid for multiple years after being fired, but they only overlap with the predecessors on a single 990 each.

The 990 requires disclosure, among others, of the organization’s five currrent highest compensated employees who received more than $100,000 of reportable compensation from the organization and any related organizations and any former highest compensated employees who received more than $100,000 of reportable compensation from the organization and any related organizations. Since Wake is on a June 30 fiscal year, this reporting is based on reportable compensation and status for the calendar year ending within the fiscal year.

What's going to come out is that Wellman has been selling volleyball scholarships for $100k a pop to help payoff Manning's buyout. Sadly the feds heard about it before we had cycled 180 players through the system and we don't have the $18m yet.

You heard it hear first.

Yes! Now this is a take!

I don’t think you wait to fire Danny because of Shaka. If Texas loses to Kansas they shouldn’t make the tournament - and you should be interviewing back up plans to Shaka regardless while you’re trying to work that deal out.

Does Billy Kennedy leaving TAMU affect Wake in any way? I read they want Buzz but figured Texas would go after him if this all worked out in our favor.

Back