• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

I said this on the other thread also but if VT makes a better hire than us I’ll be very disappointed in the start of the Currie era.

We need a perfect storm scenario to get Shaka. In the past few days both the Houston and Dallas papers have published stories saying Smart will get a 5th year. It would take a considerable offer in hand from Wake and a mutual agreement from TX and Shaka to part ways. If we pull it off that's quite the coup. I desperately want it but my optimism has tapered.

Last edited:
We need a perfect storm scenario to get Shaka. In the past few days both the Houston and Dallas papers have published stories saying Smart will get a 5th year. It would take a considerable offer in hand from Wake and a mutual agreement from TX and Shaka to part ways. If we pull it off that's quite the coup. I desperately want it but my optimism is tapered.

Well if Manning gets a 6th year...

He was living in Charlotte, what the fuck do you need more to be enlightened? This is a fact. Ask him yourself betterphan.

He talks about commuting up and down I-77 and the fact that his kids are in school in Charlotte in his four part interview that he did with Les.

I live in Charlotte, and today I had meetings with people in New York, Minneapolis, Winston-Salem, Oregon, London, San Francisco and India. This isn't rocket surgery. I wouldn't expect Currie to live in Austin, away from his family for 7 months, just because he is doing some consulting for their AD.

I don’t know if I’ve ever worked with a consultant who lived in the same city as my company.

Oh, I don't think he was living in Austin full-time. in fact, I'm sure he was living in Charlotte (and I suspect he may continue to live there in some capacity while his kids are in school).

My primary point was just that his trip to Austin wasn't in his professional capacity as wake AD-elect and to convince shaka to quit UT for Wake.

My status as betterphan doesn't mean I know any of these people in real life, nor do I wish to. Y'alls quickness to anger seems to stem directly from the helplessness you feel not knowing anything about what is going on behind the scenes. Me? I'm cool to wait and see how this plays out. Speculate away, my friends.

Back