• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

Who are these UT fans so familiar with our tennis program? That's hilarious.

One of the guests was the person who goes by Bitter White Guy whose recent article was posted here. The two hosts have been on the radio for well over a decade.

Their tennis coach has already been fired for the pay to not play fraud. He had been at Texas since 2000. They beat #1 Ohio State tonight.

Texas loses a fairly close game tonight against Kansas so Shaka is done for the Season.

We’re on the clock. Bring Shaka to Wake!!

Shaka Smart let me rock you let me rock you Shaka Smart
Let me rock you that's all I wanna do.
Let me rock you let me rock you let me rock you Shaka Smart
Let me rock you let me feel for you.

Texas loses a fairly close game tonight against Kansas so Shaka is done for the Season.

We’re on the clock. Bring Shaka to Wake!!

still talking about them having a 10% chance on the bubble. That is such Bullshit. 16-16! would still love him as our coach.

Agree with ATS. Was talking with my dad this weekend and feel like with their luck this year and a solid class coming in, Shaka about to have some real success with UT. It would be great fortune for Wake to pick him up now and I really hope we do.

Lol, Shaka and tge Texas AD’s post-game quotes are incredible; two partners who couldn’t be more over each other. Nothing even remotely close to a definitive statement or any sign of commitment foe next year.

Lol, Shaka and tge Texas AD’s post-game quotes are incredible; two partners who couldn’t be more over each other. Nothing even remotely close to a definitive statement or any sign of commitment foe next year.
What did they say?

Link?

Last edited:
Not sure where the main horns board is but the game thread I saw, didn't have anyone saying give Shaka more time. Mostly ready to move on. It only took them 3 years to dump their last hot hire in football, Charlie Strong, they don't mess around when the natives are restless.

Get this done, Currie. Come on. Both sides save face. Both sides can reduce their financial commitments. Everybody can be happy.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...-coach-Shaka-Smart-hot-seat-buyout-130101430/

"As it stands, Del Conte told Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman that he’s “optimistic” about Texas earning an at-large bid but (as Horns247’s Chip Brown reported Thursday) added that the school “would certainly accept” a slot in the National Invitation Tournament if that’s where the Longhorns wind up."

Can you get in with a .500 record? Why am I thinking you have to have a winning record? Been so long since we worried about any postseason I may be off base

I'm a little surprised that everyone is still so amped about Shaka. Seems like his move to the big-time, followed by complete mediocrity would have turned a few of you off.

Meh.

I'm a little surprised that everyone is still so amped about Shaka. Seems like his move to the big-time, followed by complete mediocrity would have turned a few of you off.

Meh.

Shaka would would get us back to being a top-8 ACC team and making the tourney every season, while making a run at winning conference every couple of years. I'll give him 1 throwaway season and then it's on.

It has to be appealing to him to be a young guy in the best conference in America, where only UVA, NC State, UL and to a lesser extend ND(Brey is 18 years older than Shaka) look to have long term coaches in place. Cuse, Duke, UNC, Miami and FSU are about to have their old as dirt coaches phase out. Reading the tea leaves, VPI will most likely lose Buzz, and I'm not too worried about Shaka being able to out coach Brownell, Christian, Capel and Pastner( if he doesn't get the boot for cheating).

Shaka makes so much sense for us right now. He can easily stay at Wake and make us the less douchey Duke for the next 25 years.

Back