• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

I'll say this. Although I'm concerned by Shaka's lack of success at UT and am pretty high on Oats, if there was one guy well-positioned to understand Shaka's circumstances at UT and whether he has the goods to do well at Wake, it's Currie. I'll trust him.

But he's dropped out of the first round this year.

If we've learned anything about our players, their draft potential doesn't matter when it comes to deciding whether to stay (see Crawford, Moore). If we hire the right coach, he may be convinced to stay, but I am not expecting him back.

I think most undervalue it. Buffalo is an awful program in a bad conference (before Oats joined the program, they had never been to the NCAAT, he's been there three times, twice as the head coach). They just spent the entire season in the top 25. That's just as impressive as anything Shaka ever did at VCU.

Um, I am certainly pro Nate Oats. But let's be clear, Buffalo was NOT an awful program in a bad conference before Oats. Bobby Hurley did a lot of the leg work, and I think the coach before him was involved in turning the program into a perennial 20-win team as well. I think Buffalo won 23 games prior to Oats taking over went Hurley when to Arizona State. Unless I am missing a crater year and a 1-year coach between Oats and Hurley.

HO SHIT!!!

If we can assume that 1) Currie is aware of the Shaka rumors and 2) he is no fool, it seems hard to believe he would post that without trying to hint something. Granted, he is fairly active on twitter, but there's no way he would post that randomly, even if he were randomly in Austin based on his prior consulting obligations.

HO SHIT!!!

If we can assume that 1) Currie is aware of the Shaka rumors and 2) he is no fool, it seems hard to believe he would post that without trying to hint something. Granted, he is fairly active on twitter, but there's no way he would post that randomly, even if he were randomly in Austin based on his prior consulting obligations.

That's what I'm thinking. No way he subjects Wake to the biggest troll job of all time before he even officially starts.

in all fairness, he didn't say anything about shaka and shaka is in none of the pictures.

That's what I'm thinking. No way he subjects Wake to the biggest troll job of all time before he even officially starts.

idk, Wake has been really easy to troll for the last 10 years. If this is a troll job, it is epic and we should just pack it up.

You have to remember REFF PMEd me on multiple occasions to say SHAKA to Marquette was a "done deal". He ranted and raved and ranted about it over and over and over.

Of course you have to remember, there were over 7 billion people in the world at that time and REFF was the only one Skip didn't like.

Um, I am certainly pro Nate Oats. But let's be clear, Buffalo was NOT an awful program in a bad conference before Oats. Bobby Hurley did a lot of the leg work, and I think the coach before him was involved in turning the program into a perennial 20-win team as well. I think Buffalo won 23 games prior to Oats taking over went Hurley when to Arizona State. Unless I am missing a crater year and a 1-year coach between Oats and Hurley.

The coach before Bobby Hurley was Reggie Witherspoon. He had 4 20 win seasons in 14 tries and a 0.465 record. Bobby Hurley, with Nate Oats on his staff, certainly started the program on the trajectory it is on today. However, when Nate Oats took over, it was still a program in a bad conference, with limited resources, and a terrible recruiting area.

REFF did the absolutely impossible. He got Skip not to like him. Skip wouldv'e found a way to like Attilia.

Love that tweet by Currie. At first glance, I though the bald dude in the second picture was Shaka. Also looks like Currie quickly remembered he's the AD in waiting at Wake and quickly put away that "hook 'em" hand.

That tweet is going to wind up being an unintentional troll job to Wake fans.

Back