• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

Why do we want Shaka?

For one, I love his name. Then, maybe he’s a better coach than we’ve had in a long time?

We’ve tossed around exciting names here during the last two hires, then we came up with bzzz and DM. I am the first to admit: I’m beat down. Maybe Currie will be the savior?

It’s funny how people don’t think VA’s public universities are big state schools because of their names.

App State's always an option, too.

When coaches are fired, they don't normally get a gig in the ACC the next day. So yeah, a low or mid major would be the normal next step. If Shaka gets fired by Texas, he'd be very lucky to get an offer from Wake Forest.

If Shaka comes to Wake, he won't get fired. He will just take the Wake job.

If Texas helps Shaka move elsewhere in the near future, they would have their pick of coaches. Next year that may not be the case. Might be a smart move for them to facilitate a move now if they think they might be doing it next year anyway.

I want the best coach for Wake for the next 30 years. If he's just been fired by Texas or is the coach at UNCG, I don't care. This isn't about norms or lack thereof. This about getting the right guy.

Back