• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Miami Hurricanes Round 3 - Tuesday noon - ESPN

Pilchard

Reaction score
In what looks like the final game of the season and hopefully the end of the suckitude era in Winston-Salem, WF opens the 2019 ACC tournament tomorrow at noon against Miami.

Here is the link to the last KP Report on the Canes (and in that link is another link to the 1st report on the Canes): https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/31092-KP-Report-Miami-Hurricanes-Round-2-Tuesday-7-pm-Regional-Sports-Network?highlight=KP+Report+Miami

Update: Miami finished a disappointing regular season 13-17 (5-13). This is a Miami team that was ranked to start the season and was expected to make noise. Instead, Miami barely managed a whimper. Miami suffered some early injuries, was named in the NCAA shoe money scandal and played crappy basketball all season, which included an 0-2 record against the Ivy League. Miami's best win was a 1 pointer over Clemson. Otherwise, Miami didn't beat a single team that is even on the NCAA bubble. Miami did almost beat UNC on the road, but predictably blew a 4 point lead in the game's final minute.

Last time out against the Deacs, Miami cratered after building a 58-44 lead over WF with 8:32 left in the game. The Canes followed up the debacle at the Joel by getting annihilated at Duke (without Zion) by 30, beating hapless Pitt at home and then absorbing another blowout this past Friday at VT by 24. Individually, Canes' senior forward Anthony Lawrence has played well of late in the season as he has scored in double digits in each of his last 6 games including 27 in the win over Pitt and 15 against VT and Duke. Generally, for Miami to have a chance to win they have to score from behind the arc as they lack a strong inside game.

Bottom Line: Miami beat WF by 11 in January in Coral Gables, and looked like they were headed for another comfortable win two weeks ago, when WF shocked the Canes in dramatic fashion. Chaundee Brown's two highest scoring games (22 and 21) of the season have come in the two matchup with Miami; so, look for another productive outing from CB. KP projects a 74-67 Miami win, giving the Deacs only a 27% chance to pull the upset. The Deacs have been feisty of late; would guess that WF will keep it closer than 7, but am doubting that DM will improve on his 1-4 ACC tournament mark.

An acc tourney game at noon on a Tuesday. This can't end soon enough.

Still annoys me that these are considered ACC Tournament games and that coaches who win these pillow fights get ACC Tournament wins on their resumes.

The reality is [Redacted] shouldn't have one. Manning shouldn't have one. The last actual ACC Tournament win was in the 06/07 season when we upset GaTech. Which really is incredible.

Still annoys me that these are considered ACC Tournament games and that coaches who win these pillow fights get ACC Tournament wins on their resumes.

The reality is [Redacted] shouldn't have one. Manning shouldn't have one. The last actual ACC Tournament win was in the 06/07 season when we upset GaTech. Which really is incredible.

exactly - we're two rounds away from the quarterfinals, which in a normal tournament is the round of 32. in a 15-team conference.

(and point of order, I don't think the win over GT should count either as it was a 6-11 game; we haven't won a QF game since 2006)

An acc tourney game at noon on a Tuesday. This can't end soon enough.

I can see the coliseum from where I'm sitting right now and just scheduled a meeting tomorrow after lunch because I just don't care.

I think we'll win... Only because it is obvious that none of us here are really interested in extending the season for even one more day.

While we're feisty, I feel like Miami is probably in roll over and die mode. Unless, of course, they are still pissed off about the loss in Winston... But I doubt they give a shit.

Yep. If we played a straight up tournament with a 16-team bracket and gave the #1 seed a bye since we have only 15 teams, we'd be looking at a rematch with FSU on a neutral court.

I can see the coliseum from where I'm sitting right now and just scheduled a meeting tomorrow after lunch because I just don't care.

Yeah, I'm 1.5 miles away with free ticket offers and paid parking in the deck next to the arena and would rather work.

Ticketmaster the best bet for buying a single game ticket for tomorrow? Looks like $3 for a seat?

The first day should be designated as the Ron Wellman Play-in Games. If you make it to day two, then you are in the ACC Tournament.

I think we win this. Seems fitting to extend the agony out another day or two.

Trash cans are also probably a good place to look for tickets.

FWIW,

It is good that you didn't plan on going to the Coliseum for the game as it is not being played there.

FWIW,

Like Zion, Sarr and Spivey don't want to jeopardize the millions in endorsement deals that are waiting for them after the season.

It is good that you didn't plan on going to the Coliseum for the game as it is not being played there.
Little "c", not capital "C". I'm pretty confident the game is being played in the coliseum I can see.

Back