• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PELOSI: NO IMPEACHMENT

Right, which is why I don't think he will have the goods to show any direct connection between Trump, collusion or obstruction. Otherwise, I see no reason why she comes out and says this now.

You must mean other than the obstruction that he admitted to on 60 minutes a year or so ago.

There is already enough impeachable stuff out there, especially if you go by 1990's standards. But, impeachment is a political process and Pelosi has concluded that impeachment would not politically expedient at this time. If Trump wins the 2020 election and the Dems keep the house, impeachment will be back on the table. The one thing I think you can probably speculate here is that the Dems have decided that there is not enough on Pence to take the whole administration. They don't want to take out Trump only to give Pence an 18 month audition for the White house.

By standards for a Democrat president. The standards for a Republican President are different.

How disappointed are you right about now?

Man did I nail this 2 years ago!

Lectro, did I call this or what?

..and one

giphy.gif

I thought we established that no one around here has any money except for lectro, so why would he bet with us?

It’s not politically popular idea. That’s why she’s saying it.

Yeah. It’s simple. There’s no benefit to impeaching if the Republicans aren’t going to vote him out or pressure him to resign. In fact if Democrats impeach and McConnell doesn’t remove, Republicans will claim victory and the uninformed public will think Trump was exonerated.

Put it in the hands of the people. Keep in mind, way more people will pay attention to this once the election cycle starts. And Trump will have to answer tough questions in the debates.

Yeah. It’s simple. There’s no benefit to impeaching if the Republicans aren’t going to vote him out or pressure him to resign. In fact if Democrats impeach and McConnell doesn’t remove, Republicans will claim victory and the uninformed public will think Trump was exonerated.

Put it in the hands of the people. Keep in mind, way more people will pay attention to this once the election cycle starts. And Trump will have to answer tough questions in the debates.

not if he refuses to debate which he sort of floated the idea recently

That’s true but that would kill him with independent and hurt him down ballot. But I could see Republicans refusing to debate down ballot as well.

If mueller uncovered the goods there would be an impeachment followed by a conviction

You idiots have been played like fools and should be embarrassed

LOL. Mueller has uncovered plenty of goods that would immediate sink a Democrat because Democrats would impeach a Dem who did any number of these things Trump did.

LOL. Mueller has uncovered plenty of goods that would immediate sink a Democrat because Democrats would impeach a Dem who did any number of these things Trump did.

Please identify these goods phdeac

Imagine if Huma testified in front of Congress that the Clinton Foundation reimbursed her for paying off Bill’s mistress. You think Republicans wouldn’t impeach on that?

Somebody on the left, PLEASE SHARE WITH THE GROUP THE IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES BY TRUMP THAT WE HAVE LEARNED OF THROUGH THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION.

Please

Somebody on the left, PLEASE SHARE WITH THE GROUP THE IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES BY TRUMP THAT WE HAVE LEARNED OF THROUGH THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION.

Please

so was he just too stupid to know about any of this going on around him or what? is that your defense?

LOL this thread made my day.

You guys are seriously celebrating that SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI said she doesn’t want to impeach President Trump like it’s some sort of fucking victory????

Because you can’t celebrate the wall. You can’t celebrate draining the swamp. You can’t celebrate denuclearizing North Korea. You can’t celebrate an actual simplified tax code that helps the middle class. You can’t celebrate getting our debt under control. You can maybe take some credit for not totally fucking up the recovery that started back in 2009 (although there is still plenty of time). You can’t celebrate an expanded Republican Party. You certainly cannot celebrate a mid-term election win. And you certainly cannot celebrate displaying an ounce of moral leadership.

You’re literally on here making a big deal out of Nancy Pelosi saying she doesn’t want to pursue impeachment because the politics do not make sense at the moment. Which still leaves a bruised wannabe autocrat with a 40% approval rating under MULTIPLE investigations in place to act as the Pelosi’s punching bag.

That’s how low the bar has fallen.

Please

Dude if you have the votes you can impeach for shitting in the Lincoln bathroom and not flushing. The offense is not what is impeachable, it’s the office-holder that is impeachable, and that is up to the House.

Please

Trick question: there is literally nothing rubes will consider impeachable.

He’s your infallible god. Sad

Back