• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

That may be true. But he also never had a chance of playing in the lineup. We don't know the reason the players worse than him were given spots

So all tennis walk-ons have to have a chance to play in the lineup to be deserving of a roster spot?

Also you guys criticizing his ranking don’t know much about tennis. A national ranking of 156 is pretty damn good. Definitely good enough to be good practice partners for our starters at the very least. Also, style of play can be just as important as ranking (if not more so) when we are talking about walk-ons.

when did anyone claim the kid was worthy of a schollie? This has always been a discussion about a walk-on level player who is paying full freight. Which is a pretty valuable student for the university.

when did anyone claim the kid was worthy of a schollie? This has always been a discussion about a walk-on level player who is paying full freight. Which is a pretty valuable student for the university.

As is a non walk-on level player paying full freight

Yeah, this particular discussion is ridiculous. Hannity is a solid player and better than several players on the team. He's not good enough to get scholarship money, but he's a 4 star recruit and certainly good enough to be a walk-on.

Hannity was good enough to get scholarship money at a division 1 school correct?

Can anyone seriously explain to me why this is a worthwhile allocation of FBI dollars and manpower?

They busted a massive SAT/ACT cheating ring...something that could potentially affect everyone in this country who's applying to college. Why wouldn't that be a worthwhile allocation of resources.

Because Standardized testing is implicitly racially biased and Wake doesn't take have an SAT requirement?

There seems to be a fine line between giving money up front, to assure a person is admitted and invited to be on a team (not ethical & illegal) vs being accepted and making a team and later the school receiving gifts and other large support from thankful associates/parents in appreciation and joy for the experience offered their son.
Possibly a wink/wink or expectation somewhere in there. What about A. Bilas? A walk and now BB scholarship player. I don't have a problem with him but those that do likely question his basketball rating coming out of high school. Anyone know what it was? Ever hear of him during recruiting? Better to drop it. He was invited to the team and thru hard work over several years and team support was elevated his senior year. Good for him.

Aunt Becky had a million dollar bail. Murderers have lower bail than that.

Can anyone seriously explain to me why this is a worthwhile allocation of FBI dollars and manpower?

Aunt Becky took a charitable deduction when in fact her gift to charity was a bribe to get her bitch daughter into a preppy college

Aunt Becky took a charitable deduction when in fact her gift to charity was a bribe to get her bitch daughter into a preppy college

The FBI and IRS need to go after these fake charities next.

Former Georgetown tennis coach made $2.7M through this scheme for “recruiting” 12 students. It looks like Georgetown fired him after finding out from their own investigation. He coached at Rhode Island until he was placed on leave this week.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...lmouth-ties/gaW892wRZ2CZh5FzoYlNUO/story.html

Auburn suspended an assistant hoops coach for participating in a similar scheme that wasn’t part of this investigation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-assistant-amid-bribery-allegations/39195209/

This case is going to be hell for ADs. They have to investigate their own coaches and then make sure any new hires haven’t been doing this as well.

Yeah, this particular discussion is ridiculous. Hannity is a solid player and better than several players on the team. He's not good enough to get scholarship money, but he's a 4 star recruit and certainly good enough to be a walk-on.

havnt done any research but where is ghe 4 star rating from? chance it is not accurate? only saying because a 3-4 record is awful. i went undefeated with my doubles partner my junior year in high school. got 2nd in the regional tourny(only 1st got bid to states)and neither one of us would be ranked top 500 in the country...we would have had to try really hard to go 3-4

I believe the 3-4 refers to his freshman year record. He is a very good player, just not an elite college player

havnt done any research but where is ghe 4 star rating from? chance it is not accurate? only saying because a 3-4 record is awful. i went undefeated with my doubles partner my junior year in high school. got 2nd in the regional tourny(only 1st got bid to states)and neither one of us would be ranked top 500 in the country...we would have had to try really hard to go 3-4

You’re from fucking Canada.

It is from the main tennis recruiting website https://www.tennisrecruiting.net/player.asp?id=732353 It is a legit ranking, based on his performance in USTA matches. He has several years worth of rankings and matches. He also has a solid Universal Tennis Ranking, based on beating several other strong players. His 3-4 record is in college. He red shirted his freshman year. I've watched him play other college players - he's a legitimately good player, he's just not good enough to play top 6 on one of the 5 best programs in the country, but he's a good practice player and always at matches. I'm near certain he will play in some dual matches by the end of his time at Wake.

Back