• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

Over the years, how many kids have been admitted to Harvard after their parents donate a million bucks to the school? I get that an individual profiting is a little different, but the concept still seems similar.

So there's no indication the school knew, but the Deacon Club winds up with a total of $50,000 in checks from the KWF charitable foundation for some reason. And Bill Ferguson's Wake Forest Volleyball Camp also has a $50,000 influx of cash.

http://www.billfergusonvolleyballcamps.com/

What does it say when you need to cheat to go 10-20 (5-13) in volleyball?

well, in this case, the team sucks in part because the coach prioritized an unqualified player over whomever could have actually contributed

No, he got $50k in his camp money (his pocket) and then the rest to the school.

Right. The university got paid, not just the coach. I think we all assumed it was just the coach.

Maybe your team sucks because spots are going to the highest bidder instead of the best players.

Did Ferguson replace the one accused of being emotionally abusive? Or was that long ago? I think maybe that was years ago.

Right. The university got paid, not just the coach. I think we all assumed it was just the coach.

The Deacon Club pays for scholarships. No indication she got any scholarship money though. She's also a volleyball team member which comes along with expenses for the athletic department.

I've seen the TV doctor in Winston a few times. Seemed like a good guy, was buying his daughter stuff for her dorm room and chatted up some people at the BB&B on Hanes Mall. Little did anyone know how he got there. Wonder how she feels now that this is out, or did she know the whole time?

fucking OF COURSE Hannity's kid goes to Wake

loved my time at MSD but Jesus Christ, sometimes ...

That was a little while ago but the accusations went back several years if I remember correctly.

Interesting how the FBI guy distinguished between making big donations and straight up bribery. Maybe these are people who are wealthy but not million dollar naming rights wealthy.

Also probably knocks a kid who is at least as deserving of getting in off the wait list. If a kid is on the wait list and a coach says he/she wants that kid on the team, they will prob get in over some other student.

61380e403aad3fef10851c82e590b8a6.jpg

Isn't that Rashad McCants? Have you read or watched what he has said about UNC? Brutal doesn't really describe it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11036924/former-north-carolina-basketball-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

That was a little while ago but the accusations went back several years if I remember correctly.

Interesting how the FBI guy distinguished between making big donations and straight up bribery. Maybe these are people who are wealthy but not million dollar naming rights wealthy.

Well he's certainly not poor
2vuxyea.png

And you might get in off the waiting list eventually if you're willing to wait till the summer.

Back