• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

Glad to see that the FBI and WaPo called us an elite university !

Right, super rich can make huge donations and it's probably more like a *wink* kid gets into school and no one really cares. These guys have to pay 100k and spell it out. But basically the same thing, except the school is getting less and some college coach getting paid under 100k a year by the school takes it, so they get busted.

The FBI is saying the schools didn't know anything. It was on the coaches.

The NCAA will find a way to go apeshit over this. 20 years of academic scandal at UNC - nothing to see here. Cam Newton's dad auctioning off his services - not a problem. Coaches and shoe companies paying kids under the table - silence. But they will drop the hammer on this one.

But basically the same thing, except the school is getting less

IF the kid is getting a scholarship. Otherwise it's just another amount of money on top of tuition -- if you have enough let those bills fly

Right, super rich can make huge donations and it's probably more like a *wink* kid gets into school and no one really cares. These guys have to pay 100k and spell it out. But basically the same thing, except the school is getting less and some college coach getting paid under 100k a year by the school so they get busted.

Yep. Things were a little more transparent back in my day. Just buy your kids' way onto the team in a straightforward manner. Send the coach some game tape, set up a meeting with him to see if you can get a preferred walk-on spot, show some interest in his camp, give the money to the Deacon Club. Profit. If she quits the team after freshman year, no big deal.

If the Deacon Club doesn't notice a 40K contribution, then i'm just gonna keep my $100 donation in my pocket

PrimaDonnas, Prime Minster, or Personal Message or both?

The NCAA will find a way to go apeshit over this. 20 years of academic scandal at UNC - nothing to see here. Cam Newton's dad auctioning off his services - not a problem. Coaches and shoe companies paying kids under the table - silence. But they will drop the hammer on this one.

Sadly I think you’re right. I can’t wait for the NCAA to crumble one day, I have to believe in its eventual demise. If they can take FIFA and UEFA down a few pegs, then they can get to the NCAA.

who really cares about womens volleyball?

And this guy obviously doesn't care about his Deacon Club points if he's lettnig a third party make the donation.

We lead the ncaa in employing cheaters that either don't benefit us athletically or hurt us athletically.

Back