• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

One of these helicopter parents paid 6 million. Sheesh. Just call Wake direct. We could have worked it out.

I've seen the TV doctor in Winston a few times. Seemed like a good guy, was buying his daughter stuff for her dorm room and chatted up some people at the BB&B on Hanes Mall. Little did anyone know how he got there. Wonder how she feels now that this is out, or did she know the whole time?

Do we know that she is the one that this involves?

Edit: Her bio says she was recruited by some other schools. On the other hand, it doesn't look like she played this season - didn't show up in the stats.

Last edited:
One of these helicopter parents paid 6 million. Sheesh. Just call Wake direct. We could have worked it out.

well no wonder the kid is too stupid to get in. apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. $6mm to go to college?

Change the thread title to include Vball coach. With all of the shoe company investigations going on, the tittle is extremely misleading.

No idea yet if she is the player implicated, but this is her bio info from prior to WFU:

Earned a varsity letter at Marymount High School in Los Angeles, California…Named Most Improved Player…Played with Sunshine Volleyball Club from 2014-16 and Southern California Volleyball Club (SCVC) from 2016-18…Finished fourth at the 2018 Pacific Qualifier…Also played with USA High Performance 2 for indoor.

Compare that to another player (who happens to be from my old HS - Go Rampants!):

Four-year starter at JH Rose High School...2014 State Champions...Four-time First Team All-Conference member...2016 Player of the Year....2015 Co-MVP...Played club volleyball for Triangle Volleyball alongside Caitlyn Della.

Yeah. I noticed that too. Basically she improved and played. But ome of the other bios are pretty scant, too.

It also said she was recruited by some other programs and she does have a recruiting page: https://new.berecruited.com/athletes/2823536

I feel bad accusing the student-athletes until we know more.

Who in the athletic department directly oversees women's sports? Guessing this girl was given the preferred walk-on treatment? Surely scholarship money to someone with such a poor resume would have been a red flag.

Yeah. I noticed that too. Basically she improved and played. But ome of the other bios are pretty scant, too.

It also said she was recruited by some other programs and she does have a recruiting page: https://new.berecruited.com/athletes/2823536

I feel bad accusing the student-athletes until we know more.

To be fair, she does have some talent:
2uxz8zc.png

Because the sins of the father have anything to do with the kid.

not so much ascribing the father's sins onto the kid as i am observing that a certain sort of rich person likes to send their offspring to Wake, and that certain sort of rich person does often enough come with weird political/financial baggage

Back