• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

What the hell is wrong with some of you. Click bait thread title, followed by cyper-stalking a wake student. Definitely not our proudest moment. The article said the kids usually were not in on the scam. Troll the parents all you want, but we really should leave the kids out of it.

+1

I wonder what the red flag was that triggered this investigation? I can't say that I've ever been that curious about walk ons on nonrevenue sports that weren't good enough to see the floor.

I wonder what the red flag was that triggered this investigation? I can't say that I've ever been that curious about walk ons on nonrevenue sports that weren't good enough to see the floor.

The part of the press conference I heard made it sound like someone in another case let the FBI in on it, probably in hopes of lessening his own charges.

I read an article a few minutes ago (sorry, didn't keep the link and I'm not looking it up again) that said it was discovered during the investigation of an unrelated case in the Boston area when they discovered fraudulent entrance exam scores at BC, BU, and other schools in the area.

FBI accidentally discovered it while working on an unrelated undercover operation.

Last edited:
Click bait thread title, followed by cyper-stalking a wake student. Definitely not our proudest moment.

A Tar Heel who's probably projecting his inability to get into Wake dropped the click bait title. No "our" on that one

That makes sense. It seemed like a pretty clever scam, but the tax fraud for your bribery was a bridge too far.

What the hell is wrong with some of you. Click bait thread title, followed by cyper-stalking a wake student. Definitely not our proudest moment. The article said the kids usually were not in on the scam. Troll the parents all you want, but we really should leave the kids out of it.

Even an 18 year old kid should notice when their application resume and bio on the team website are completely fraudulent.

Any chance that this happened while he was at USC and Wake is only named because that's where he currently works? Or has Wake definitely been tied to this?

Any chance that this happened while he was at USC and Wake is only named because that's where he currently works? Or has Wake definitely been tied to this?

Didn’t someone post a detail that part of his payment went to the deacon club?

We can post pics of Lori Laughlin's daughter, can't we? She's got like 1.3 million Instagram followers, and is public in saying she'd rather vlog then go to college but her parents made her.

It definitely happened at Wake, but I'm sure he was mixed up in it at USC as well.

Even an 18 year old kid should notice when their application resume and bio on the team website are completely fraudulent.

I'm guessing the student-athletes were more likely in on it and the ones who didn't play a sport just thought they got in like anybody else. Keep in mind, any kid with a parent willing to shell out $500K or so has have so many pathways open for them they don't know how regular people apply for and get into college.

I'm guessing the student-athletes were more likely in on it and the ones who didn't play a sport just thought they got in like anybody else. Keep in mind, any kid with a parent willing to shell out $500K or so has have so many pathways open for them they don't know how regular people apply for and get into college.

Yeah, except for they took the SAT and did bad and got rejected or waitlisted at the school they wanted to attend.

Yeah, except for they took the SAT and did bad and got rejected or waitlisted at the school they wanted to attend.

I think they explained that in the press conference. The paid test taker either corrected the kid's answers or just took the test for them straight up. The kids only saw the score. If they got waitlisted, all they know is they got waitlisted and then got accepted. They wouldn't necessarily know how it happened. In the press conference, they said some students were part of it and were in meetings with their parents and Singer. Other students had no idea.

Back