• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bye-Bye Danny, go back to Kansas with Dorothy!!!!

Yeah Wake was really good at basketball for twenty years until Wellman fucked it up by hiring two shitty coaches back to back. Tell us something we don’t know.

that's a long list, in your case

I'll tell you that if you're ranking the worst SRS years for any of the original ACC teams, the first 15 or so years of the ACC will dominate the list, because the ACC just wasn't nearly as good back then relative to other conferences as it is now; this is true for all the Big 4 teams, even WF, who has managed to make three pretty terrible hires in the last 35 years.

And so presenting the statistic in the manner that you did is extremely misleading. I suspect you knew that, and presented it anyway.

that's a long list, in your case

I'll tell you that if you're ranking the worst SRS years for any of the original ACC teams, the first 15 or so years of the ACC will dominate the list, because the ACC just wasn't nearly as good back then relative to other conferences as it is now; this is true for all the Big 4 teams, even WF, who has managed to make three pretty terrible hires in the last 35 years.

And so presenting the statistic in the manner that you did is extremely misleading. I suspect you knew that, and presented it anyway.

It was in response to a statistic that included all of Wake’s basketball history. The stat only goes back to 1950, I excluded the three years of the Southern conference. We also played fewer games as recently as the 90s, making the “20 loss” statistic I was responding to even more poorly presented.

Back