• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Requiem for the old-school ACC tournament (and classroom TV cart)

Since I grew up a Tar Heel fan, I learned early on that “Duke is puke, Wake is fake, but the team I hate is NC State.” And would stupidly recite this delightful mantra around school. Of course it still holds pretty true (ouch).

I used to be able to turn the letters "UNC" into "WAKE" in like 5 seconds. I was the king of ABCD back in the day.

when I was a kid, there was a doctor in town who drove an old beat up truck with a bumper sticker that said, "if God ain't a Deacon, why is the bible Black and Gold?" I loved that.

when I was a kid, there was a doctor in town who drove an old beat up truck with a bumper sticker that said, "if God ain't a Deacon, why is the bible Black and Gold?" I loved that.

IIRC, a couple of Wake KAs came up with those. There was also one "If God is not a Tar Heel, why is the sky Carolina Blue?". There may have been one for State as well playing off the color of the leaves in the fall.

God created the stately, masterful wolf but those Raleigh Rednecks have illegitimately co-opted it for their own purposes. #truth

IIRC, a couple of Wake KAs came up with those. There was also one "If God is not a Tar Heel, why is the sky Carolina Blue?". There may have been one for State as well playing off the color of the leaves in the fall.

The two KAs came up with an answer to “I’d rather be in Chapel Hill.” Their bumper sticker was “I’d rather be in Hell than Chapel Hill!” The even had a picture of Carl Tacy smiling with them while they held up their bumper sticker.

There was a bumper sticker when I was in school that was "Carolina Blue is past tense for Carolina Sucks."

Man, do I feel cheated. The teachers in my HS would watch the tourney in the teachers' lounge, then make a point of coming out into the halls between periods to laugh and joke about the results. It fucking murdered us - which was the whole point. Bastards ...

Back