• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Items for Mannings Obituary

JOJESMA

Reaction score
The following is a small list of items I will forever remember about Manning, feel free to add to the list:

- First decision, preferred Mitch Wilbekin over Shelton Mitchell.
- "We will hang our hat on defense."
- It took him 4 years to figure out that he could not play man-to-man defense 100% of the time with the talent, or lack there of, that he had.
- His ties were as long as Donald Trump's ties.
- First coach in Wake history to call a timeout when he had already used his full allotment of timeouts for the game.
- Combined with(name redacted) in 9 years to lose more games(64) than the previous Wake coaches lost(58) in the first 21 years of the Joel.
- Responsible for 3 of the 6 times that the Deacs have lost 20 games in a single season, in over 100 years of playing basketball.
- The neck twitch.
- "We have to do a better job of staying in front of the ball."
- "We have to do a better job of getting to the free throw line."
- "We have to make shots."
- Against Syracuse's zone, "We wanted them to trap us in the corners."
- Against Syracuse, with 2 seconds on the shot-clock, called a timeout, designed a play, and the result was a 3-point shot from the corner by Okeke.
- Gave full scholarship to Bilas, but played Okeke substantial minutes over two years.
- Finally, full responsibility for total collapse of the environment in the Joel! Manning is probably a nice human being but he is about as outgoing as a turtle, which only surpasses (name redacted) who had the personality and charisma of a rock.

Stacking days

Paint touches

There are many more. I made a bingo grid at one point.

To go with hanging our hat on defense, there was the gem from Tuesday about how he knew Miami was going to come out playing either man or zone.

Stacking days

Paint touches

There are many more. I made a bingo grid at one point.

The Danny Manning firing press conference watch party should have some to play
rieyjb.png

"We didn't guard the scouting report". In other words - don't blame me - blame the players.

Also, automatically not playing a player with 2 fouls for the rest of the first half, no matter the player, the score, the opponent, etc.

1 graduated
18 left with eligibility

This, in itself, is a fire-able offense.

Last edited:
Back