• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching search digest thread: pre-firing stage

I will be bummed if Manning is retained as head coach. I will be super pissed if that happens and then Wellman tries to spin it at as "young team played better towards the end of the year", "top recruiting class", "pieces are in place", "program is trending in the right direction", etc. Anything other than the truth and Wellman should just keep his mouth shut.

If it's going to happen it will be soon after the annual review with Wellman. Conor should know when that is scheduled. No point in getting worked up until after that. If no announcement with 24 hours of that meeting, time to worry.

If Manning is still the coach at 5 PM Monday March 18, Pres. Hatch (not Wellman) needs to put out a statement explaining why and admitting (if it is the reason) that Wellman signed a buyout that was so irresponsibly huge Wake cannot afford to make a change.

Hatch better get working on that statement!!! Only 7 hours left before FreeStateDeac's deadline

Yep, I heard that as well while watching the bowl game with Deacon Clubbers.

The end is near! :thumbsup:

Have heard from someone I trust that it is done (was done Wednesday) and he is gone.

I've heard the BOT is meeting tomorrow to ok the buyout and the presser is at 1:30 Tuesday.

Heard this weekend that we can all thank Bill Ferguson for delaying the announcement until Tuesday at 1:30. Needed to create some separation between the two stories.

Resilient Deac posted something similar in this thread, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post

The end is near!

While watching the bowl game?? I.e., one month into the season?

The end is near!

I think they are talking about Wellman's retirement - supposedly it was planned out in November, for him to leave May 1st. IMO, that only gives more credence to DM being fired. They made Wellman stick around to clean-up his mess at the end of the season.

The end is near!

We had already dropped games to Houston Baptist and a god awful Richmond team. I think it was pretty clear by then this season was going to be another dumpster fire.

This is Day One of Post-ACCT.

If Manning is still the coach at 5 PM Monday March 18, Pres. Hatch (not Wellman) needs to put out a statement explaining why and admitting (if it is the reason) that Wellman signed a buyout that was so irresponsibly huge Wake cannot afford to make a change.

This is day one of the primary window. Peak days are Tues and Wednesday. Remember, [Redacted] resigned on Thursday.

Tweets from Coaching Changes and Nick Lorensen (don't know who that person is) saying they have sources saying Danny is done.

Coaching changes followed that up with a tweet saying they'd be shocked if the next coach at Wake was not one of Shaka, Wes, or Ryan Odom.

Will provide links shortly

i think the coachingchanges twitter is hot garbage - to put it mildly

Back