• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching search digest thread: pre-firing stage

Sorry I do not know how to embed a tweet:

Brian Formica

Verified account

@BrianFormica
45s46 seconds ago
More
Credibility on sources is key. Keep that in mind.

My credible sources have no update on the status of Danny Manning as of 3:45 PM.

Can confirm that (in general) Coaching Changes has some good sources. However, they have two problems: 1. They don't distinguish well between properly sourced information and their opinions. 2. They have relied upon sketchy sources and/or message boards/blogs quite often in the past. So even sourced information has to be met with skepticism without knowing where they got their info.

Sorry I do not know how to embed a tweet:

Brian Formica

Verified account

@BrianFormica
45s46 seconds ago
More
Credibility on sources is key. Keep that in mind.

My credible sources have no update on the status of Danny Manning as of 3:45 PM.

just learned how to embed a tweet the other week

Anyone know who this Nick Lorensen guy is?

And yes I don't think Formica would ever be getting a first "scoop" on anything.

Anyone know who this Nick Lorensen guy is?

And yes I don't think Formica would ever be getting a first "scoop" on anything.

According to his Twitter he has like 400 followers and is really into UMBC, so probably just some random donk.

The only reliable info I've heard is that there is supposed to be a press conference around 130-2 tomorrow.

I don't see any reason why we'd have a press conference to announce the return of Danny Manning. Though, if there was a University that would pull a move like that it would be Wake Forest.

Last edited:
That Coaching Searches Twitter account very well could end up being right, but it hasn't happened yet.

Hiring Ryan Odom would definitely be the most Wake Forest move ever, and would bring the events of this season full circle.

My money's on Odom if Manning gets the axe.

Tweets from Coaching Changes and Nick Lorensen (don't know who that person is) saying they have sources saying Danny is done.

Coaching changes followed that up with a tweet saying they'd be shocked if the next coach at Wake was not one of Shaka, Wes, or Ryan Odom.

Will provide links shortly

Think they read these boards?

Hiring Ryan Odom would definitely be the most Wake Forest move ever, and would bring the events of this season full circle.

My money's on Odom if Manning gets the axe.

This would provide less excitement than Manning and only slightly more than [Redacted]

Please stop talking about Ryan Odom. I've got nothing at all against him, but he's not getting this job this year.

Back