• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake is a #1 Seed!

God Hates Wake Forest. Been my motto since I was about 10.

Not even sure I'll raise my kid to root for the Deacs. It just seems like a dick move.

Not even sure I'll raise my kid to root for the Deacs. It just seems like a dick move.

I can't pull for Dook and Rat Face. I hate the Tarholes. I've never been a State fan. I'm going to pull for UVA!

I can't pull for Dook and Rat Face. I hate the Tarholes. I've never been a State fan. I'm going to pull for UVA!

Wife is a UNC grad, and her parents are very supportive UNC alums. So Im sure at least some part of my future offspring will feel connect to the Holes.

I'll probably just check out of college sports entirely. Seems the logical route.

Wife is a UNC grad, and her parents are very supportive UNC alums. So Im sure at least some part of my future offspring will feel connect to the Holes.

I'll probably just check out of college sports entirely. Seems the logical route.

You're screwed. Even though I don't know you, I imagine you and your future kids having a relationship like Bill Murray and his boys in Rushmore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGen7BhPJds

God Hates Wake Forest. Been my motto since I was about 10.

Looking back on it my parents were assholes.

Should have just been happy and pulled for UNC like everyone else.

Had to share this nugget of wisdom from the Demon Deacon Sports Nation Facebook Group:

"I think it is time for Wake Forest to seriously consider leaving the NCAA. The playing field is too slanted in favor of the media darling cash cows. The fact that UNC was not punished for 20 years of fake classes and is lauded as a paragon of collegiate athletic virtue is Exhibit A. The fact that shoe company’s have more to do with where the best high school players play (for a year) “in college” is Exhibit B. The NCAA, like so many other organizations and once-noble institutions has been bastardized by money and greed. I, for one, am tired of playing along."

Honestly, Wake's BBall death sentence is exactly why I've gotten into the EPL past 8 years.

Honestly, Wake's BBall death sentence is exactly why I've gotten into the EPL past 8 years.

Same. I've realized that Everton has essentially replaced Wake/Bama athletics for me. I still pay a little attention to the college programs, but I'm way more invested in the EPL.

Same. I've realized that Everton has essentially replaced Wake/Bama athletics for me. I still pay a little attention to the college programs, but I'm way more invested in the EPL.

Yeah I think I’m going to replace Wake sports by going all in on this new Austin MLS team.

Wait, are the boys Wake or UNC fans in your scenario?

Great movie, though.

Sorry for the confusion. In my mind it made total sense, but I could see how it could go either way. In this scenario, they are UNC fans, and you fight with them constantly.

I can’t remember the exact quote, but when Murray is referring to his boys he says something like, “never in my wildest dreams [did I think I’d have kids like this].”

i guess it's good to have our misery validated by some kind of pseudo-objective measure. because it really has been super bad.

Back