• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Opens 2019-20 Season at BC

That's really early. I assume we'll play 1 or 2 OOC games before that, right?

It's pretty funny Duke doesn't have to participate...

Duke's in the Champions Classic.

Others:
VT @ Clemp
Louisville @ Miami
GT @ State
ND @ UNC
FSU @ Pitt
UVa @ Syracuse

That last one prolly the pick off the litter. Pretty rando games

giphy.gif

So almost all the ACC schools open with a conference game and then don’t play another until January? I think that’s stupid.

If we make a good hire I'll drive up to Chestnut to support the Deacs. There's your incentive Currie!

So almost all the ACC schools open with a conference game and then don’t play another until January? I think that’s stupid.

It’s our only chance to be (tied for) first in the conference for months at a time! This strategy was specifically designed for us cellar dwellers so we don’t check out from the season too soon.

Then again we might end up taking our rightful place as (tied for) last right out of the gate.

Nope, season openers for all. TV Network $$$

I read Duke is already playing in some four team tournament when these games are scheduled. Either that or K simply told Swafford he doesn't want to open v. ACC team. Equally plausible.

Duke's in the Champions Classic.

What? We're not in the Champions Classic. How can that be??

Ah the good old days when Wake, State, UNC, and Duke where in the Dixie Classic Tournament. I watched a lot of those.

What? We're not in the Champions Classic. How can that be??

Ah the good old days when Wake, State, UNC, and Duke where in the Dixie Classic Tournament. I watched a lot of those.

I understand why they got rid of that (they didn't want one team starting the year 0-2), but now that the ACC is moving to these early season conference games, it sure would be cool to bring that back.

That would be so Wake Forest. And I might just be with you.

I think Wes Miller is the most likely person to be our next coach, and I think he'll be a really good coach.

I think Wes Miller is the most likely person to be our next coach, and I think he'll be a really good coach.

I spoke to a top 75 2020 pg this past week. Out of curiosity I picked his brain about possible coaches. Lets say Shaka and Matta would give Wake Forest instant credibility, while Wes Miller would excite top recruits as much as he excites me.

Back