• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Even though it was a forgone conclusion, we've officially set the record for worst 10 year conference win % since Wake joined the ACC.

uhqVy09.jpg

This is also the longest stretch (9 years) without a winning conference record. Very real possibility of setting a new low next year as Dino's last 9-7 conference record drops off the rolling average, so unless we post a winning record it will get worse.

Wellman was actually a huge dick to me on a number of occasions. Doesn't mean he wasn't right. He takes his job very, very seriously.

And sucks at it. It wouldn't be surprising if you totaled all the lost revenues caused by his failures in basketball would be larger than the money he has raised from the sport. Not only that, but he has lost millions and millions in free press by his failed hires.

By destroying the basketball program, he has cost the university tens of millions of dollars in free publicity that helps in every aspect of the university. When a school does well, it also get more donations and applications.

Winning in non-revenue sports is cute but not important.

YES. Drop the mic!

And we finally got ESPN to start calling us Wake Forest again, instead of the lazy "Wake" minimization.

By destroying the basketball program, he has cost the university tens of millions of dollars in free publicity that helps in every aspect of the university. When a school does well, it also get more donations and applications.

Winning in non-revenue sports is cute but not important.

Not to mention the millions he’ll burn in undoing his flub - i.e. DM’s buy out.

It's not a shtick, because I genuinely believe it. But yes, I think people on this board act unreasonably toward Wellman.

I think we should bring back waterboarding just for Ron Wellman. I feel like this is pretty reasonable.

I know this is your shtick, that we are unreasonable towards Wellman, but, I got news, if he has put us in a situation where we can't afford to fire a 0.433 coach then his judgement, and that of his supervisors, is severely compromised. That he signed Manning to a contract that, 2 years in, would still have an eight figure buyout, whether it's $12M, $18M, or somewhere between is incredibly financially irresponsible. Remember, this is a coach whose crowning achievement was a 0.500 performance in conference with the most efficient offensive player of the year.

Furthermore, if he signed Manning to that kind of contract during the 2017 off-season then I'd bet that Clawson's uber-long extension signed that same off-season has similar properties. Although, unlike Manning, Clawson hasn't fallen on his face since, signing him, when he was a 0.35 coach, to an 8 year fully guaranteed contract would also be incredibly financially irresponsible.

Clawson and Manning are apples and oranges. Don’t bring Clawson into this 9 year Wellman-made clusterfuck.

And Manning. The big buffoon has earned over $70 million in his lifetime yet is trying to rape WF for 18 million that he doesn’t need or deserve. Fuck Manning. His life will be hell until he settles for a reasonable number and gets out of town.

Time to burn Wellman in effigy on campus...

Ummmm, no.

You mother fuckers are so goddamn reactionary. Bald Bert is in Canada or some shit. The Wellster is gonna wait for him to get home, unpack his bag and return to campus.

And remember, Wellman was hired essentially pre-internet troll days. He didn't have invisible critics by the 1,000s on line calling for people to burn him in efigy and nauseating shit like that. HE LOATHES YOU AS MUCH AS YOU LOATHE HIM.

And you expect him to make this easy on you? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HUMAN NATURE?

I posted this elsewhere, but for those of you 40 or so and older, remember when daddy Chill fouled out in Cameron and the crowd started waving and roaring at him as they did then for all opponents who foul out - until they sit down on the bench - and then Chill faked sitting down for like a full 3 + minutes of game time forcing the nerdy Duke fans to wave their weak little arms for longer than was comfortable? And by the end, the Duke fans FUCKING LOVED HIM FOR IT. For his cahunas.

That is what Wellman is doing to us now. And don't think for a second he's not enjoying his fleeting power. He is. The difference is we won't fucking love him for it. He's playing petty. WE WILL craft a nice narrative that essentially confirms what was said in the press conference, but yeah, this ain't happening until Thursday or even later if Wellman feels he can milk more pain out of us without jeopardizing his happy trails departure.

Ummmm, no.

You mother fuckers are so goddamn reactionary. Bald Bert is in Canada or some shit. The Wellster is gonna wait for him to get home, unpack his bag and return to campus.

And remember, Wellman was hired essentially pre-internet troll days. He didn't have invisible critics by the 1,000s on line calling for people to burn him in efigy and nauseating shit like that. HE LOATHES YOU AS MUCH AS YOU LOATHE HIM.

And you expect him to make this easy on you? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HUMAN NATURE?

I posted this elsewhere, but for those of you 40 or so and older, remember when daddy Chill fouled out in Cameron and the crowd started waving and roaring at him as they did then for all opponents who foul out - until they sit down on the bench - and then Chill faked sitting down for like a full 3 + minutes of game time forcing the nerdy Duke fans to wave their weak little arms for longer than was comfortable? And by the end, the Duke fans FUCKING LOVED HIM FOR IT. For his cahunas.

That is what Wellman is doing to us now. And don't think for a second he's not enjoying his fleeting power. He is. The difference is we won't fucking love him for it. He's playing petty. WE WILL craft a nice narrative that essentially confirms what was said in the press conference, but yeah, this ain't happening until Thursday or even later if Wellman feels he can milk more pain out of us without jeopardizing his happy trails departure.

Or, Wellman is just the idiot that he has proven himself to be over the past 10 years and he continues to fuck up and has no idea why he is less popular than Hitler among Wake fans.

We need a new poll: Who would you rather have a beer with - Hitler, Mao, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, or Ron Wellman.

And sucks at it. It wouldn't be surprising if you totaled all the lost revenues caused by his failures in basketball would be larger than the money he has raised from the sport. Not only that, but he has lost millions and millions in free press by his failed hires.

workers-place-porcelain-toilets-in-a-field-in-central-beirut-on-april-picture-id80634390

We need a new poll: Who would you rather have a beer with - Hitler, Mao, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, or Ron Wellman.

I'll participate, but can we add a second question? "Which one would you like to piss on after you've had a six pack or two?"

And Manning. The big buffoon has earned over $70 million in his lifetime yet is trying to rape WF for 18 million that he doesn’t need or deserve. Fuck Manning. His life will be hell until he settles for a reasonable number and gets out of town.

Uh, did you really think this post through?

Yeah, really bad form on Manning's part to sign that contract and expect Wake to live up to it.

Yeah, really bad form on Manning's part to sign that contract and expect Wake to live up to it.

It kinda is. It just is not right to take advantage of someone so obviously incapable of performing his duties. One has to assume he never recovered fully from the bike accident.

I was thinking more about the visual image of burning Manning in effigy. For some reason, I was thinking it may not be the best idea any of us have had.

Back