• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

We're all grateful for your substantial contributions to our commutity
Lol, yeah, one of us is just goofing around, not taking things seriously. The other the pseudo-highbrow about everything and just insufferable at times.

So absurd. Nobody in their right mind walks away from $10 mil plus, and I'm sure there are voids in the contract he has not met. He doesn't strike players, he shows up to practice on time, he aggressively recruits, he apparently has not committed any recruiting infractions. In short, he has succeeded in being a competent and bad college basketball coach. As bzd did before him.

Last edited:
I think Ron Wellman is basically a good and descent man....maybe with a touch of naiveness. But, like many of us, he has his faults.

In this case and with Buzz, he failed in his overall assessments of two men. Really odd that he hit a homerun with Skip Prosser but incredibly failed to see that Buzz and Manning if nothing else, lacked the social/personality skills we found in Prosser to rally the students/fan base around the program.

Among other qualities, Dave Clawson is a good example of outgoing personality and social skills.

I think Ron Wellman is basically a good and descent man....maybe with a touch of naiveness. But, like many of us, he has his faults.

In this case and with Buzz, he failed in his overall assessments of two men. Really odd that he hit a homerun with Skip Prosser but incredibly failed to see that Buzz and Manning if nothing else, lacked the social/personality skills we found in Prosser to rally the students/fan base around the program.

Among other qualities, Dave Clawson is a good example of outgoing personality and social skills.

Could be. People that have been thought of as good and decent have destroyed many things built by better people.

The key is to have some level of introspection and humility that would allow you to see the error in a reasonable time frame and correct the mistake.

Wellman lacks this so his mistakes just compound until there is nothing left to salvage.

With both Buzz and Manning, it wasn’t the hiring them that made Wellman a failure. It was doubling down with them year after year instead of fixing the mistake.

Back