• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GIFs in reaction to Manning being retained

I'm just saying it looks like an event where they probably had to organize will in advance to get something like 20 players and the gag was that it was dwarves palying basketball. There are a lot ofpeople in the stands. It might even be halftime of some small college game. They chose to participate. Obviously not some pickup game.

See, that's the fucked up part. That you assume it's a gag because there's a competition between little people. These are relatively commonplace. It's not a goddamn sideshow attraction. And that's all beside the point. Moonz continuous use of dwarf as an insult, and the posts that he makes, and then other, seemingly rational people defending them, and zq posting bullshit lotr jokes. People really, really lack perspective on this issue, and it's fucking infuriating to witness prejudice like this firsthand.

phil-martelli-11214-ap-ftrjpg_9bmaaunbqa7j1ss2zgc2s8ld1.jpg

What about this guy?

I don’t think there’s been a better point in history to live as a little person. With the success’ of Peter Dinklage and the ultra hyper PC movement sweeping the country. Advances in technology that allows them to function like any other person in almost every aspect. My high school principle/ baseball coach was a dwarf with a degenerative bone disease, he expected nothing from nobody, ran our high school like a well oiled machine, and took us to the state final four like a badass. Any other period in time, he wouldn’t have lived past the age of ten or would have been put up in a specialty hospital. Other teams would say some pretty fucked shit, right before we ten run ruled them. I don’t think they need you to fight their battles for them...

Weird time and place to put your soapbox man.

That is really insensitive. Ugly people get made fun of all the time. This can really be hurtful.

A lot of people proving themselves to be shitty humans on this thread. Good to know.

I don’t think there’s been a better point in history to live as a little person. With the success’ of Peter Dinklage and the ultra hyper PC movement sweeping the country. Advances in technology that allows them to function like any other person in almost every aspect. My high school principle/ baseball coach was a dwarf with a degenerative bone disease, he expected nothing from nobody, ran our high school like a well oiled machine, and took us to the state final four like a badass. Any other period in time, he wouldn’t have lived past the age of ten or would have been put up in a specialty hospital. Other teams would say some pretty fucked shit, right before we ten run ruled them. I don’t think they need you to fight their battles for them...

Weird time and place to put your soapbox man.

Says the person who literally just made a dwarf, lotr joke. Yeah, you're displaying a real sensitive, nuanced understanding of the issue. I'm sure your "principle" would appreciate the impact that he had on your life. You're sad, and unfortunately, really dumb.

A lot of people proving themselves to be shitty humans on this thread. Good to know.

Easy for you to say, but who advocates for the ugly? Who gets discriminated against more than the ugly?

Says the person who literally just made a dwarf, lotr joke. Yeah, you're displaying a real sensitive, nuanced understanding of the issue. I'm sure your "principle" would appreciate the impact that he had on your life. You're sad, and unfortunately, really dumb.

Lol my phone autocorrected principal. Thanks for pointing that out though. He made more jokes than anybody, he told us that life is too short and hard enough as it is. So worrying about what complete strangers think about our appearances or life journeys is pointless and self defeating.. He would probably call you a pussy if he read this. I’m sorry your little brother has had it tough, people born with disabilities do not deserve to be ridiculed. I also apologize for being sad and dumb. You just keep your little soapbox right where it is.

First off, fuck you with all this bullshit. You've seen a million of moonz' dwarf posts posts, and then zq's post that followed it up and if you think this isn't at the expense of little people, then you're a fucking idiot. And it's fucking tiresome that educated people continue to engage in this prejudice, and the fact that it's still socially acceptable. So don't tell me to fucking chill out when I've spent my entire life observing the effect that it has on someone I love firsthand, asshole.

I am sorry you see prejudice where there is none (wrt to my assessment of the GIF.) Go ahead and hulk out at everyone else, I am sure it will lead to only positive results on this internet message board.

Asshole.

Lol my phone autocorrected principal. Thanks for pointing that out though. He made more jokes than anybody, he told us that life is too short and hard enough as it is. So worrying about what complete strangers think about our appearances or life journeys is pointless and self defeating.. He would probably call you a pussy if he read this. I’m sorry your little brother has had it tough, people born with disabilities do not deserve to be ridiculed. I also apologize for being sad and dumb. You just keep your little soapbox right where it is.

Exactly. Life is too short and hard enough as it is. So by all means, continue to heap more superfluous difficulty on other people's journey by making jokes about their conditions. If I'm a pussy for telling you the effect that it has had on my sister personally throughout her life and hoping to help you examine your callous perspective, then I'm a pussy. I can live with that.

Exactly. Life is too short and hard enough as it is. So by all means, continue to heap more superfluous difficulty on other people's journey by making jokes about their conditions. If I'm a pussy for telling you the effect that it has had on my sister personally throughout her life and hoping to help you examine your callous perspective, then I'm a pussy. I can live with that.

Cool. Have a good day.

Cool. Have a good day.

Probably smart of you to delete that last post before anyone could respond. You're irredeemable, and if your principal was a real person and not just some bullshit scenario you conjured up to make you feel better about being such a shitty poster and person, I'm sure he would be proud.

nothing like a bunch of dorks getting butthurt and defensive when someone points out that punching down is inherently uncool

And to think, the origin of the boards dwarf meme is because 8 years ago DV7 casually mentioned to me on the MOD forum that the doofi twins are short

But, will the mods do anything? NAH!

Back