• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have there been any good comedies in the last 10 years?

timthedeac

Reaction score
What movies from this decade will be the Caddyshack (or Airplane, Ferris Bueller, etc etc), Dumb and Dumber (or Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy, etc etc), or Anchorman (or Old School, Wedding Crashers, etc etc) for this decade? Bridesmaids???

Super Bad nailed what it was like to be a teen in the early 00s

I was going to say Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and then I realized it came out 11 years ago. And now I will spend the rest of the day softly weeping in my office.

What We Do in the Shadows was pretty damn solid.

The Heat
What We Do In The Shadows
21 Jump Street
Step Brothers
Macgruber
Bridesmaids
Popstar
The Nice Guys
The Trip

Girls Trip
The Little Hours
Death of Stalin
For A Good Time, Call
Spy
Ted
The Other Guys
Grand Budapest Hotel
Fantastic Mr Fox
Four Lions

i don't thnk i've laughed out loud in a theater since the scene in Macgruber when he leaves and the chick un-crumples the paper and it just says "i'm at the pentogon"

I've been wondering if comedies were like music in that one tends to latch onto what they were into in their teen to college years. With the very notable exception of What We Do in the Shadows and lesser exceptions for Ted and Spy, nothing I've seen listed goes on my "great comedies" list.

*I love the Wes Anderson movies listed, I just don't think of them as comedies, they're just Wes Anderson movies.

I've been wondering if comedies were like music in that one tends to latch onto what they were into in their teen to college years. With the very notable exception of What We Do in the Shadows and lesser exceptions for Ted and Spy, nothing I've seen listed goes on my "great comedies" list.

*I love the Wes Anderson movies listed, I just don't think of them as comedies, they're just Wes Anderson movies.

To your last point, I think we want to sometimes take films out of less respected genres. Happens all the time with horror movies being labeled as “thrillers”. You could make the same argument you’re making about Apatow movies being their own thing. They are still comedies.

You guys have low standards. I dont think anything this decade compares to Dumb & Dumber or Anchorman.

I think the top comedies of the 2010s are

Bridesmaids
MacGruber
Trainwreck

...that might be it. Neighbors and 21 Jumpstreet were okay I guess? Hard to say they were 'best of a decade'

The Superbad, Hangover and Stepbrothers are 2007/8/9 so they dont count.

Last edited:
jesse-plemmons-game-night-1.jpg

Back