• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have there been any good comedies in the last 10 years?

I think Death of Stalin and Grand Budapest Hotel are the 2 best comedies of the 21st century. I have also liked:

Deadpool
Little Hours
Trainwreck
Bridesmaids
Scott Pilgrim
Guardians
Safety Not Guaranteed
Moonrise Kingdom
Invention of Lying

Haven't seen Big Sick yet but will - I like Kumail. Will also check out Game Night, Cedar Rapids and Wanderlust. Thanks for the recommendations.

No one has mentioned The Hangover?

Admittedly tarnished by the god-awful sequels, but that hasn't hurt Caddyshack.

Caddyshack doesn't really hold up beyond the quotables, unfortunately. Classic 80s comedies have aged pretty poorly, imo.

good thing the entire movie is quotable

Caddyshack doesn't really hold up beyond the quotables, unfortunately. Classic 80s comedies have aged pretty poorly, imo.

Other than general misogyny, what's objectionable in Caddyshack? It's not like there's a rape scene like in Revenge of the Nerds or outright racism like Animal House or Sixteen Candles.

Or are you just saying it's not funny?

BTTT for this

Popstar was awful, although it does show how easy it is to write/mimic lowest common denominator pop music.

Hot Rod, on the other hand, is amaz.

Hot Rod is the only good Andy Samberg movie.

Hot Rod gets better every time I’ve watched it and I’ve probably seen it a good 20 times now. Danny McBride and Bill Hader are amazing in it.

It was 2006, but Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was just fucking exceptional.

I guess I just don't have a sense of humor. I loved Caddyshack as a kid. I saw it recently and thought it was pretty awful. When was the last time y'all watched it?

Can't think of one theater-released movie that stands out recently.

Good call OP, movies dominated comedy (media, not live standup) and drove pop culture for basically two generations. Now seems to be - Netflix specials, youtube clips/internet-first video, podcasts, memes. In no particular order.

I guess I just don't have a sense of humor. I loved Caddyshack as a kid. I saw it recently and thought it was pretty awful. When was the last time y'all watched it?

You shut your whore mouth. I watched it within the last year and it is still fantastic.

Back