• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Currie’s Take?

If Wellman is as awful as this board contends (and he may well be, we will see) the outcome is really very simple and predictdable: Wellman refuses to believe he made a mistake with Manning so he will not fire him, letting others contend with it. To prove his authoritiy,he will maintain FULL control until May 1, a date too late for Currie to fire Manning. Currie will then have to give Manning a year. And most convincing Wellman dumps it all on Currie, the kid he hired way back. The kid who is now in awe. Simple.

And Currie agreed to this at the point he was hired? That was the question in my OP.

Fuckkkkkkk..... I came home and went straight to ESPN to see if he was fired yet. I saw nothing, so I went immediately to the onboard because I realize we're not relevant enough at this time for ESPN and was hoping for good news.. WTF is going on here... Will he be fired? This shit-show for another year would be two years that I've not attended a game. Currie do the right thing, fire his ass...

Came across something interesting while looking up Currie's email (it's currie@wfu.edu, fwiw) for y'all. He's currently listed in Wake's system as a Special Advisor to the President. Not quite sure what to make of that...but it's there.

Perhaps this 75% chance he stays story was just a scare tactic leaked to Les in order to get us peons all riled up, which in turn will make it easier for Currie to put the hard sell on the money men. He can make them feel like they're swooping in with their checkbooks to save the day.

Obviously my hopes that Currie's hiring, and the leak that forced Wellman into a scramble, were part of some sort of coup by the donors to take back the AD and right the basketball program were unwarranted. 9 years later, I was just impressed that I was still capable of hope.

There is usually some push back when a coup is attempted. Battles engaged. Obstacles to be overcome. The only timetable that has been set are by those who want Manning out now. Better late than never.

what leak are you guys talking about? What was leaked and when, please?

Back