• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump bitches because McCain didn’t thank him for funeral

This thread is a great example of how far the GOP has fallen and why I will never vote for a Republican again until the current know-nothing/conspiracy theory mentality has been purged from the party.

This thread is actually quite sad.

amazing how in 08 most Republicans rallied around him and called you unAmerican if you questioned his war record. the only ones who didn't vote for him were entirely due to his VP choice.

The same people who slandered John Kerry’s war record only four years before. It’s like they support military service when it’s politically expedient. They have no values except power.

"Especially those that shamelessly defend him". Is he taking a shot at his wife?

He must be. The Conway marriage is becoming awkwardly uncomfortable very quickly.

He must be. The Conway marriage is becoming awkwardly uncomfortable very quickly.

I’ve thought for a while that George Conway probably figured that his wife would go work for Trump, lose, then everything would be back to normal. Probably never expected him to win. Now they have to stay together despite clearly not being compatible with this Trump thing because it would be far worse if they split, for both parties.

I’ve thought for a while that George Conway probably figured that his wife would go work for Trump, lose, then everything would be back to normal. Probably never expected him to win. Now they have to stay together despite clearly not being compatible with this Trump thing because it would be far worse if they split, for both parties.

Or they both love the attention and are fueling each others' celebrity so they can cash in.

Or Donald and Kellyanne have an extramarital thing going on and George found out.

My wife thinks the couple is playing both sides, similar to what Husky’s saying.

Kellyanne isn’t a true believer. She’s a hired gun. And quitting on Trump would ruin her career. I think George is saying what she really wants to say. And given traditional gender dynamics especially in the GOP, nobody is going to tell her to keep her man in check.

If the dust settles and being for Trump hurts her career, George’s public statements give her cover. Kellyanne is very crafty. She helped invent the modern GOP operative gameplan. She knows what she’s doing.

My wife thinks the couple is playing both sides, similar to what Husky’s saying.

Ya think? Wow, DC has people who shill? Somebody should have told James Carville and Mary Matalin.

McCain was a crappy pilot and a louse. A guy with a shitty temper whose Admiral daddy had him flown to Saigon after the “Forrestal incident”

Within 30 hours of the fire, McCain left the ship a day before the memorial of his dead crew-mates. What a guy!

John’s stories never match his peers recollections.. strange..

McCain’s actions after the fire show a determination to exit the ship as quickly as possible. When New York Times reporter Apple finished gathering his notes on the fire, McCain boarded a helicopter with him and flew to Saigon. Given that fires still burned on the ship and some of his fellow airmen were gravely wounded and dying, McCain’s assertion that he left the carrier for “some welcome R&R” in Saigon has a surreal air. Apple, now dead, said nothing in his news reports about inviting McCain to leave the ship, although he did report talking to him in Saigon later that day. McCain does not mention receiving permission to leave the still-burning ship. Merv Rowland, a commander and chief engineering officer of the Forrestal at the time of the fire, told me that he had not known that McCain left the ship within 30 hours of the fire and that he found this “extraordinary.” Rowland added that only the severely wounded were allowed to leave the ship and that no one, as far as he knew, would have been given permission to fly to Saigon for R&R. McCain’s quick flight off the Forrestal meant that he missed the memorial service for his dead comrades held the following day in the South China Sea.

The fact that his own parachute handler was killed instantly and most of the firefighters had been lost, McCain nevertheless retreated below deck to watch the fire on a tv monitor focused on the deck. He claims he was injured — NY Times’ R.W. Apple fails to note even though he had sought out the “son and grandson of Admirals”.

No..John McCain is one of the last creations of Henry R Luce’s icon making “Time Magazine” — having “afforded” this chosen son a 12,000 word ramble-fest on having been a POW. Problem for John is that others were there at the time and they hardly ever corroborate even the smallest details. Perhaps this is why John and Hillary had a little thing for each other — not sexual mind you - but a mutual catty-vindictiveness which drew them to one another.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/investigating-john-mccains-tragedy-at-sea/

Wow, I didn’t realize John McCain was such a horrible dude. Mitt Romney too. I guess it’s a good thing that the much better person won in 2008 and 2012. Lectro, surely you didn’t vote for such a terrible person like John McCain?

Lectro really enjoys dunking on dead McCain (that he definitely didn’t vote for). See also, the Christchurch massacre thread for more of his “dunking on dead people.”

Back