• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

I’m not an alum. I feel bad for those that are. I feel bad for your children who will never know what a good Wake Forest basketball team is. I feel bad for the people who donante money, and tuition, that helped pay for the buyout that leaves us with this. I grew up a Wake fan, going to games with my grandad and have held on for dear life for the past decade. I’m done. I will not support this program anymore. For those that do, god speed.

so basically no one on the board has any legit #sauces except, apparently, DR based on what he informed us last night

maybe this is like in Spain when Franco was dying and they decided to bring back the monarchy to succeed him, but made the future king promise he would keep things the way they were after Franco was gone. but as soon as he died they were like fuck that, new constitution.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Danny Manning is being retained as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director Ron Wellman announced Friday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who makes every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Wellman. "At this time, Daniel and I felt that new leadership would not help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's five years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last five years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my year-end review with Ron, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told Ron that I should be retained because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity given to me at Wake Forest. I look forward to decades of future success at the helm of this program."

Manning has posted a record of 65-93 overall and 24-66 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his five years.

Currie is now a joke in all this....just a lap boy who was out of work needing money for new reading glasses.

Until I hear otherwise, I’m just going to assume that Wellman, Hatch, the BoT, etc. are engaged in some massive corruption scheme. They almost have to be getting kickbacks somewhere or they are covering up some serious violations. This is ridiculous.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Danny Manning is being retained as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director Ron Wellman announced Friday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who makes every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Wellman. "At this time, Daniel and I felt that new leadership would not help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's five years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last five years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my year-end review with Ron, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told Ron that I should be retained because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity given to me at Wake Forest. I look forward to decades of future success at the helm of this program."

Manning has posted a record of 65-93 overall and 24-66 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his five years.

Ron we know you live under a rock...but one of the coaches this dude brought on killed a guy...

Fuck everyone associated with the program and this decision.

Wait, they went with the all top scorers returning line? Lol, yeah, someone has to score when your team fucking sucks.

Currie is now a joke in all this....just a lap boy who was out of work needing money for new reading glasses.

My thought as well. Some of this is on Currie. Either he agrees with and/or led this decision, or he was complicit with it by agreeing to let Wellman/others make the decision. Either one of those scenarios shows poor judgement. Horrible start to his tenure, even if he technically doesn't "take over" until May.

Back