• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

“I am excited about the future of our program,” said Manning. “Even though it took longer than we wanted, I believe we have the foundation for future success. We didn’t have the record we wanted last season, but our team showed its potential, especially toward the end of the season. This group of players kept fighting and improved throughout the year. With our returning players, our transfers who will become eligible next season and our incoming recruiting class, I believe that this team will have the ability, desire and chemistry to take a step forward next season.”

There is almost nowhere to go but up, so yeah, I think it is possible Wake "takes a step forward" - whatever that means.

I am going to hate watch the press conference and then take some time away from this situation and these boards.

Straw that broke the camel's back.

Wellman signing Manning to that extension was borderline criminal and the fact that he is just going to ride off into the sunset is infuriating.

Fuck ‘em. Fuck every gd asshole who has enabled and perpetuated the basketball shitshow for the past decade.

Ive read tons of them, including this one. I love the Nate Oates & Musselman discussions the most, neither dude has ever recruited a High School player, ALL JuCOs and Power 5 dismissals....yet they would work at Wake? Seriously? How has not ONE person here looked at who and how they recruit before suggesting them. Also, pretty sure Danny staying has nothing to do with the buyout.

This post goes really well with your screen name.

Need to vent and I know most people dont care...

I have been lurking on the different iterations of the boards since about 2000. Wake alum and from Winston with other very close ties to Wake.

This shit is a god damn clown show. I am out. I will hang around for football season and the pit to look at restaurant recs but this is it for me. Much more valuable uses of my time.

This year was the first year in probably 25 years I have not gone to a wake bball game. Wake will never see a dime of my money in donations. This mismanagement of our flagship program is an indictment on the whole university.

Go heels.

You had me until the end.

Ive read tons of them, including this one. I love the Nate Oates & Musselman discussions the most, neither dude has ever recruited a High School player, ALL JuCOs and Power 5 dismissals....yet they would work at Wake? Seriously? How has not ONE person here looked at who and how they recruit before suggesting them. Also, pretty sure Danny staying has nothing to do with the buyout.

Fuck you.

So which should I do: not go to a single game next season or go with a bag over my head to every single game?

It’s true goddammit!

A message from Ron Wellman
Use this link to view this message in a web browser.
Header
Get Tickets Wake Forest Sports.com Deacon Club

Dear Deacon fans,

The following message is being released to the media this morning. Danny and I will meet with the media later today to discuss the future of our basketball program, and we will provide you with additional information following that event.

Go Deacs!

Ron

---

Wake Forest Head Coach Danny Manning to Return for 2019-20 Season
Manning will be back for his sixth season at Wake Forest

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Wake Forest University men’s basketball head coach Danny Manning will return for the 2019-20 season, Athletic Director Ron Wellman announced on Friday (March 22). The 2019-20 campaign will be Manning’s sixth season leading the program.

“Following the season, Danny and I had an extensive series of meetings to discuss the future of the program,” said Wellman. “We were in agreement that this past season did not approach the expectations either of us has for Wake Forest basketball. Our discussion focused on the steps that are needed to ensure that our team is highly competitive on the court next season. I expect that Danny will take the steps needed to show improvement on the court next season while continuing to lead our student-athletes to represent Wake Forest positively in the classroom and in the community.”

Manning has a 65-93 record over his first five seasons at Wake Forest, leading the Demon Deacons to the 2017 NCAA Tournament.

“I am excited about the future of our program,” said Manning. “Even though it took longer than we wanted, I believe we have the foundation for future success. We didn’t have the record we wanted last season, but our team showed its potential, especially toward the end of the season. This group of players kept fighting and improved throughout the year. With our returning players, our transfers who will become eligible next season and our incoming recruiting class, I believe that this team will have the ability, desire and chemistry to take a step forward next season.”

Each of Wake Forest’s top seven scorers in 2018-19, and nine of the top 10 scorers, have eligibility remaining for next season, as those players combined for 92 percent of the Demon Deacons’ minutes last season.

#GODEACS
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube

Wake Forest Athletics
519 Deacon Blvd. | Winston-Salem, NC 27105 | (336) 758-5616
This message was sent to

Edit which communications you would like to receive by clicking here.

If you received this message in error, or would like to unsubscribe from future emails, you can unsubscribe here.

Please note that by unsubscribing you are opting out of ALL email communications from Wake Forest Athletics.
Privacy Policy

WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!! WELLMAN BOTCHED THE HIRE !!!!

As for me, I am excited about fall and Wake Forest football, I love that too much for some idiot Athletic Director and a horrible basketball coach take that away from. As for basketball, I could care less and right now part of me hopes next season is even worse just to enlarge the black eye that Ron Wellman will forever have on his pizza face for destroying our program.

I wonder the loss of life that will occur from this announcement this morning. Wake up, sit down, fix cup of coffee, open computer to check mail and find we have another year of Danny. At least a few will stroke out or throw a coronary...

Everyone get excited for another year of 6-6 Wake Forest football ! Still waiting for that elusive Sun Bowl bid !

Just awful. Huge middle finger to the kids on that team, the fans, etc. Just fuck you Wake.

The Lost Decade is complete.

Maybe Blogger so Dear could get the website started? Needs to launch in time for Rons retirement 'celebration'

The lost decade turns its lonely eyes to two. Woo woo woo

i am wandering in the wilderness and really have no clue what to do now. i went to games in the greensboro coliseum. remember going when wake played clemson and elden campbell was a freshman. i got delaney rudds autograph in hanes mall. i remember getting signed out of school to catch the clemson-wake acc tournament game. i have newspaper clippings to this day going back to 1990. i remember staying up to watch alaska-anchorage beat wake in duncan's first game. i was there in 95 and 96 for the titles. and now, FUCK IT ALL

sick.

Sad thing is, I don't really have any emotions about this announcement. I'm not pissed. I'm not really sad. Just indifferent I guess.

I will actively pull for Wake to lose every basketball game, forever.

Hopefully at some point Wake can be pushed out of the ACC and into the Big South where Wes kicks their ass repeatedly.

Fuck Wake.

516078.jpeg

Back