• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

So basically Wake gives no fucks about the fan base and Wellman should probably be sued for whatever unconscionable deal he gave him, as well as all with oversight over him. Way to ruin a program.

If true, I’m giving Currie a pass. Clearly the buyout is too big. But I’m expecting more transparency after Wellman is gone.

Is there any precedent where a booster club or wealthy benefactors sued a school or organization for gross misuse of funds? Because we may have a case here.

Again, in litigation disputes where one side clearly has the insane better contract, public shaming for the upper party to behave very much is a tactic. We should own up to the contract, say that Manning refuses to leave despite reasonable offers, and jeopardize his future jobs.

This guy doesn’t know anything the rest of us don’t know. There are no sources on this. We will know when we know.

personally, i think it's idiotic to bring him back for "one year." that seals the fate of a shitty recruiting class in 2020, thus two straight years of poop on the recruiting trail.
just come out and say "we think he is our man" or fire his ass. none of this one more year bullshit
regardless, I'm done if he is back

I Already read it thanks. My point is he does not refer to any sources. He is guessing.
Yeah, wasn't talking about you, was talking about everyone else freaking out. I tried to edit the post to make that clearer but for some reason can't. Sorry for the confusion!

Danny expected back per Jason King of Bleacher Report

Yeah, wasn't talking about you, was talking about everyone else freaking out. I tried to edit the post to make that clearer but for some reason can't. Sorry for the confusion!

Gotcha. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if someone From Manning’s camp was feeding this to people like King to put pressure on Wake to pony up the buy out.

Gotcha. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if someone From Manning’s camp was feeding this to people like King to put pressure on Wake to pony up the buy out.

Yeah, because if there's one undeniable description of Manning, it's "media savvy."

Its time to develop The Lot Decade website, a living history of Wake basketball since Dino got fired for lack of postseason success. Thos board can pull all of the content.

Launch it with a billboard on 5/1?

Could also be putting pressure on the Atlanta Hawks to up their offer for Danny Manning to be their new big man assistant coach.

what happened to the scoops that said he was out - without a doubt

Back