• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

I am 100% out.

I grew up in a Wake household with family that went to Wake. I loved pulling for Wake basketball all the way back to 1975.

Wake was never the biggest or the strongest which meant that it had to make up for that be being smarter, trying harder, and caring more.
This is what made me care about Wake.

Somewhere along the line all of that changed. Wake is dumber, cares less, and barely tries.

I don't want to be associated with anything run this poorly. I would never patronize a business that treats it's customer base this way.

I will have the memories of the era when Wake cared about results, but I am out for good.

I feel bad for those who are alumni and do not have the choice to let go.

This reflects so poorly on the entire university.

Press conference with Wellman and Manning at 10 AM.

Many thanks for the update. Since Skip's passing, this program has been cursed. Wellman's idea of bringing "CULTURE" to the program without a desire to win and succeed is horrendous. Many long time fans of Wake's signature sport going back fifty years plus will now be out...

If Wellman was a Chief Executive Officer of a Corporation the shareholders would have had his ass canned many years ago. This past season I have not endured the agony of watching a complete game. Thank you your "Ronness" for allowing me to enjoy the Winter months in peaceful tranquility! If Clawson should depart for greener pastures, it is not inconceivable that WFU be requested to withdraw their ACC membership! NO ONE LIKES LOSERS!!!

Ive read tons of them, including this one. I love the Nate Oates & Musselman discussions the most, neither dude has ever recruited a High School player, ALL JuCOs and Power 5 dismissals....yet they would work at Wake? Seriously? How has not ONE person here looked at who and how they recruit before suggesting them. Also, pretty sure Danny staying has nothing to do with the buyout.

What an awful birthday present to wake up to.

Seriously, how in the hell can anyone think this is a good decision?

I feel a great disturbance in the force. As if millions of voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Complete disaster. Funny how it says 9 players with eligibility but it does not say "returning" players. How many will leave this dipstick program once again? Next year will be even worse as we fight it out with BC for last place. The few morns who waste their time at the Joel should wake up and find better use of their time. Next season will be another 20 loss campaign.

How on earth do the Shahs and Suttons continue to open their wallets for this?

Screen-Shot-2017-08-09-at-10.12.25-AM.png

I didn't really believe that wellman was as big of an idiot as some of you said he was. I'm wrong he was and he is. He obviously got us into a gigantic buyout situation with a marginal coach based on one sort of season of success.

So are the ChrisLs of the world still not believing Goodman's $18M buyout report? Never underestimate Ron Wellman, folks.

HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!! HATCH FUCKED SHAKA AGAIN ! ~!!!!!!!1!!!!

The Lost Decade is complete.

Maybe Blogger so Dear could get the website started? Needs to launch in time for Rons retirement 'celebration'

Back