• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

And danny f ing manning plans to take a step next season. One g damn step of improvement. That all those exhaustive meetings called for. One. Step.

If they take questions please hammer them about the departures of kids with eligibility and the lack of graduates in the program over this tenure.

516078.jpeg

Can this dumbass be shut down.

BAN THIS IDIOT.

Can someone post email addresses for Wellman and Currie? Their inboxes should be getting flooded right now.

There is literally zero rationale for this move. Our program is dead forever. We actually had a window to turn this shit around.

Questions for the press conference:
(1) How much did the buyout factor into this decision?
(2) What specific steps have been done to improve team morale and prevent the loss of players in the next two months?
(3) Does Manning expect to make the NCAA tournament next year?
(4) What are the performance expectations of the Athletic Department for next year's team?
(5) What areas of improvement were shown in 2018-2019 that are expected to continue in 2019-2020?
(6) Will Manning get another bonus or extension if the Deacs make the First Four next year?
(7) Will any coaching staff changes be made?
(8) How does Wake plan to entice fans to attend games next season?
(9) What specifically was seen in 2018-2019 that inspires confidence that things will be better next year?
(10) Was Jeff [Redacted] a consultant in the decision to retain Manning?
(11) Why should the fans be satisfied with "status quo" in the midst of one of the worst 10 year stretches in ACC history?

I am not sure why all the venom now. I have been trying to get you people on this train to dump Wellman before he entered into this contractual debacle.

We are forfeiting the next 3 seasons. Now would be the perfect opportunity to implode the Joel, play in Reynolds & GSO, & get a proper stadium in place for our 2025 rebuild.

11 is a great question. Why should the fans that are left be excited about this? Do you expect people to be happy here?

This part says it all:

"Each of Wake Forest’s top seven scorers in 2018-19, and nine of the top 10 scorers, have eligibility remaining for next season, as those players combined for 92 percent of the Demon Deacons’ minutes last season."

They know that players will leave after this, so they say "have eligibility remaining".

I'm gone - see you guys next year for the DM firing PC.

I can't wait for some new "gems" that RW will quote during this speech. "Oh Heaven's Yes"....

"Ron, you fired Dino Gaudio for what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has been to only one NCAA Tournament and not won a single NCAA Tournament game since his firing, how would you assess your own decision-making over the last 9 years?"

Ask the question or else you're not doing your job, Les / Conor.

Complete disaster. Funny how it says 9 players with eligibility but it does not say "returning" players. How many will leave this dipstick program once again? Next year will be even worse as we fight it out with BC for last place. The few morns who waste their time at the Joel should wake up and find better use of their time. Next season will be another 20 loss campaign.

This is the operative point. The transfers are the worst part of the Manning regime.

Shame on any of us that do not directly and appropriately let Hatch and Wellman (and Currie) know that they have let all of us down and created a toxic environment. When you see them let them know. Do not let them think that the majority of Deacon fans support this decision and do not stand behind the anonymity of the internet to spout off then do or say nothing. I will say do it appropriately, but more importantly, speak out don't be silent.

Questions for the press conference:
(1) How much did the buyout factor into this decision?
(2) What specific steps have been done to improve team morale and prevent the loss of players in the next two months?
(3) Does Manning expect to make the NCAA tournament next year?
(4) What are the performance expectations of the Athletic Department for next year's team?
(5) What areas of improvement were shown in 2018-2019 that are expected to continue in 2019-2020?
(6) Will Manning get another bonus or extension if the Deacs make the First Four next year?
(7) Will any coaching staff changes be made?
(8) How does Wake plan to entice fans to attend games next season?
(9) What specifically was seen in 2018-2019 that inspires confidence that things will be better next year?
(10) Was Jeff [Redacted] a consultant in the decision to retain Manning?
(11) Why should the fans be satisfied with "status quo" in the midst of one of the worst 10 year stretches in ACC history?
12. The OOC schedule this year was loaded with cupcakes. Now that you have 2 additional ACC games, what will the OOC schedule feature in an effort to get to a winning overall record?

I am not sure why all the venom now. I have been trying to get you people on this train to dump Wellman before he entered into this contractual debacle.

We are forfeiting the next 3 seasons. Now would be the perfect opportunity to implode the Joel, play in Reynolds & GSO, & get a proper stadium in place for our 2025 rebuild.

Your boy Currie is just Wellman's lackey. A new arena is not going to fix the stupid that runs the school.

Just awful. Huge middle finger to the kids on that team, the fans, etc. Just fuck you Wake.

Super bummed, but I think the school athletes are part of the reason manning has been retained actually. No departures, nobody has put their name in the transfer pool [yet]. They didn't quit. Players likely caught for manning unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see what Currie does in may and I am honestly curious to see whether we show any improvement next year.

I'm doubtful but I won't quit early.

Back