• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Wofford is whipping Seton Hall's ass on national TV and Wake Forest is fucking around with this horseshit. Just let that sink in for a moment.

There are not many shooters like Fletcher Magee anywhere in college ball. But Wofford proves that shooting is the name of the game.

While a press conference sometime tomorrow 'morning' would still be possible, I can't envision a scenario in which there would be one at 8:30 a.m. with no advance knowledge.

Also think the claim of an email with 'talking points' is likely off for a wide variety of reasons, first of which being if they exist, why not just post em on here for your entertainment?

“We want someone who understands Wake Forest, someone who is not going to attempt to change Wake Forest. We are who we are, and we’re very happy with who we are ... we want a team that continues to improve. We’ve got to have a team that is at its peak performance [in March].” - Ron Wellman, April 7, 2010

I didn’t say there would be an 830 am press conference. So don’t put that on me. I have multiple reports of an announcement “in the Am”. 1 said press conference. I’m predicting press release.

Sorry y’all haven’t seen Wofford play before now. They are really, really good THIS YEAR. They won’t be next year. UNCG will continue being good as they have been the last 3 years.

I meant announcement. Sorry, didn’t mean to imply 830am press conf. I have a source saying there will be a press conf but press release seems more likely to me.

I didn’t say there would be an 830 am press conference. So don’t put that on me. I have multiple reports of an announcement “in the Am”. 1 said press conference. I’m predicting press release.

Sorry y’all haven’t seen Wofford play before now. They are really, really good THIS YEAR. They won’t be next year. UNCG will continue being good as they have been the last 3 years.

If that's the final decision, then I too lean more toward it being a press release than a press conference. But as Lilburn pointed out a 'presser' means press conference.

So where's the email talking points?

I meant announcement. Sorry, didn’t mean to imply 830am press conf. I have a source saying there will be a press conf but press release seems more likely to me.

You never said 8:30 as the time. That came from someone else.

There is no way it would be press conference. A press release, yes.

I'm not sure what would make me madder - Wellman cowardly just doing a release saying Manning is coming back or actually having a press conference and just spewing a bunch of bullshit that everyone knows is bullshit.

Post the talking points.

Need to prepare an email to send Ron, Hatch, and co. telling them how full of shit and inept they are.

I’m told there will be a morning presser to try and justify keeping Manning.

tenor.gif

You are are such a stupid shallow prick. Wofford fucking owns UNCG any way the game wants to be played. UNCG s best win is what, Furman. Well done, Wofford swept them as well. If these boards are still alive in 20 years and Wes Miller has NCAA titles elsewhere I’ll eat my fucking words but he has no place coaching at Wake.

You are are such a stupid shallow prick. Wofford fucking owns UNCG any way the game wants to be played. UNCG s best win is what, Furman. Well done, Wofford swept them as well. If these boards are still alive in 20 years and Wes Miller has NCAA titles elsewhere I’ll eat my fucking words but he has no place coaching at Wake.

Weird take.

UNC-G is only losing their go to guy for the past two years and their starting PG. They should be better without them.

Come on donaldross,

Spill the talking points, Cliffs notes version. Loose outline...c'mon, what do you have to lose? This thing is about to be a smoldering residual ruins of an epic program-eradicating dumpster fire anyway, so might as well give us what ya got.

Funny how the world turns. For the past four days a lack of official communication from the AD has produced high anxiety from this board. Tomorrow, a lack of official communication from the AD could provide relief and hope.

Best to stay under the radar for a few more years after news of the Wake Forest bribery scandals and pay for admission broke out???

Back