• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Any chance Currie fires this ass clown April 1?

There were plans to buy him out, how this turned into him being retained goes to show the shit show Ron Wellman is running in his final days. Wake Forest just let an Athletic Director 6 weeks away from retirement seal the fate of the fanbase. I'm out, done forever. Was a fan going back to Randolph's ACC tournament run and Tim Duncan's dominance in the paint. Good luck to anyone that remains engaged with this shit show. Ron Wellman is an idiot and a clown and those around him are all enablers. They could fire Danny next season and hire Brad Stevens, I'm never supporting this team again. Wonder how many alumni will also feel this way after today?

well thank god they had an extensive series of meetings and I'm sure some very, very, stern discussions. I feel so much better now!

I told you guys this 3 days ago. Can't believe we're still surprised by this bullshit.

Hopefully Hoard leaves to go play pro in Europe. I want 0-30 next year. Don't give a shit. I'm out.

yeah. i'm done too
this is fucking ridiculous. and those fucking quotes are a slap in the face to any fans that are/were left

I love the posts here, none of them based in facts or reality, just one dude guessing and hundreds of others assuming it is true.

My thought as well. Some of this is on Currie. Either he agrees with and/or led this decision, or he was complicit with it by agreeing to let Wellman/others make the decision. Either one of those scenarios shows poor judgement. Horrible start to his tenure, even if he technically doesn't "take over" until May.

This whole situation is fucked.

Need to vent and I know most people dont care...

I have been lurking on the different iterations of the boards since about 2000. Wake alum and from Winston with other very close ties to Wake.

This shit is a god damn clown show. I am out. I will hang around for football season and the pit to look at restaurant recs but this is it for me. Much more valuable uses of my time.

This year was the first year in probably 25 years I have not gone to a wake bball game. Wake will never see a dime of my money in donations. This mismanagement of our flagship program is an indictment on the whole university.

Go heels.

Back