• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

If Battle’s wife had not been sick, he might still be our coach today. Dino was not first choice. Battle declined citing family concerns.

If Battle’s wife had not been sick, he might still be our coach today. Dino was not first choice. Battle declined citing family concerns.

No. Ron would have fucked him over too. I'm sure Battle goes to sleep at night thanking God he got out of here when he did.

won’t be on boards again until AUG when football starts unless the bourbon thread magically gains momentum

Currie will right the b-ball ship but need to deal with a few more years of suck

I apologize if this has already been brought up, is WFU allowed to use money from the Endowment Fund to pay Manning’s Buyout?? According to Wikipedia, there is $1.4 billion in the Endowment Fund. That’s only a little more than 1% of the total value.

Sad to say but after 25years of Deacon Club membership, I am done. It is too bad for football and soccer as I would like to support them but the Athletic Department stewardship of the donations is appalling bad. I am so disiilusiomed that I don’t know if the passion I have felt for Wake sports can ever be reignited.

Just to put things into perspective - Wake MBB has had 2 postseason victories since the end of the 2004 season. WFU Football has had three in three years.

A period during which Wake has put 7 players in the NBA who as still in the NBA.

(Yes, I’m counting Tyler Cavanaugh)

Yeah. It's not the losing that turns recruits away.

It's the fans that demand the losing to stop.

Sure.

I hate that Hardin is seemingly carrying the load of WF's bullshit "right type of player/student for Wake Forest" excuse. The only difference between a Dino Gaudio recruit and the one's afterwards is that Dino's guys actually won. I'll take guys not graduating because they got drafted into the NBA over guys not graduating because they hate the coach/playing here.

I'm just so tired and apathetic................. fuck it.

I would be fine if they just turned the Joel into a bowling alley. At least there would be some excitement.

Any chance this is Wellman, Shah, and Currie setting up a way for all parties to save face?

What if this is a way for Wellman’s legacy to get to announce we are retaining his man, then at some point in the next few weeks Manning gets an offer he can’t refuse to become an NBA big man coach with the Hawks and he voluntarily leaves and saves us the buyout, then Currie gets a clean slate and picks a new coach? This is my last attempt at optimism regarding our basketball situation.

Any chance this is Wellman, Shah, and Currie setting up a way for all parties to save face?

What if this is a way for Wellman’s legacy to get to announce we are retaining his man, then at some point in the next few weeks Manning gets an offer he can’t refuse to become an NBA big man coach with the Hawks and he voluntarily leaves and saves us the buyout, then Currie gets a clean slate and picks a new coach? This is my last attempt at optimism regarding our basketball situation.

It’s starting to sound like Daniel to the Hawks is a real possibility.

Are you being serious?

Our two worst coaches would be assistants to our two best NBA players.

Are you basing this on what you’ve read here is do you have other reasons to think so? If this is in fact true then I wonder what good options we will really have.

Whoever Manning replaces on the Hawks bench, I will take that guy. I don’t care who it is, sight unseen, he’s got to be better.

Back