• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

But he was an assistant at Wake for two of our great runs (1979-1985 and 1993-2001). Making him the interim, with no expectation that he would be hired permanently, would be way better than having Manning next year.

Yeah, but if you're going to name an assistant coach as interim head coach, there's no compelling reason that it should be Nestor.

I don't care if they pick a 12 year old kid out of the stands to be an interim coach each game, it would still produce, at the very least, the same results...maybe even better.

I have removed the WF flag from my yard and put all of my WF gear in a box ready to go to Goodwill by May 2 if necessary. Right now, just seeing the words "Wake Forest" pisses me off. So, of course, I'm on a Wake Forest message board and my remote control just took down my dog across the room. Poor puppy.

anyone who had a good source that told them Manning was gone needs to follow up with their source to find out why things changed

So when Wellman said Danny had to be on cbs...he was lying again.

I will actively pull for Wake to lose every basketball game, forever.

Hopefully at some point Wake can be pushed out of the ACC and into the Big South where Wes kicks their ass repeatedly.

Fuck Wake.

Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Not sure if this has been discussed but Matt Graves would make a great hire as an assistant over the summer maybe to replace Ernie. He was the associate coach at Butler under Brad Stevens and is a defensive oriented coach. After a stint as head coach at South Alabama, he's now an assistant at Evansville. Great experience for an assistant.

I don't care if they pick a 12 year old kid out of the stands to be an interim coach each game, it would still produce, at the very least, the same results...maybe even better.

I have removed the WF flag from my yard and put all of my WF gear in a box ready to go to Goodwill by May 2 if necessary. Right now, just seeing the words "Wake Forest" pisses me off. So, of course, I'm on a Wake Forest message board and my remote control just took down my dog across the room. Poor puppy.

i've got all my stuff boxed up as well, but it's going to Hatch with a nasty note rather than Goodwill.

Maybe we bring in a 12 year old to coach and sell the film rights to help pay for the buyout.

Too bad that Singer guy went to prison. If he can get dimwits into college perhaps he could have gotten us a new coach.

I actually feel bad for the players. It's really not their fault. And they have to toil in this mess next season, knowing - and seeing in the coliseum - there is no support for the team anymore. There's nothing they can do about it. That part of it is a real shame. I won't go to any games, but this is the part that will actually make me feel bad about it.

If we start winning I'll go to games. I initially said that as long as Manning is there, I would stay away from the Joel. If by some miracle we put a good product on the court, I would go and support the players.

We need to find space for a solid big man grad transfer and we need Hoard to come back. Without those things happening, we will again be noncompetitive in the ACC.

I actually feel bad for the players. It's really not their fault. And they have to toil in this mess next season, knowing - and seeing in the coliseum - there is no support for the team anymore. There's nothing they can do about it. That part of it is a real shame. I won't go to any games, but this is the part that will actually make me feel bad about it.

They don’t have to and I’m sure some won’t.

I don't really agree with speculating that the players are victims in this. Those that got significant playing time under Manning ( Childress, Brown, Mucius, Wright, Hoard etc ) are likely more comfortable returning with Manning and the old coaching staff, than having to prove themselves to a new staff.

The players we have chose to come to Wake and play for Manning. I'm not one to attack them, and I won't, but I also don't feel sorry for them. No one forced them to commit to Wake and Manning. That doesn't mean I will travel and support Wake basketball in its current state. The AD has basically come out and said they don't care to compete in ACC basketball and haven't since they let go of Dino.

Back