• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Sounds like you're saying he's not getting fired.

Did you just tell us a few days ago he was getting fired?

David Glenn is the lowest form of human trash alive. Not surprising that you guys listen to him like its the gospel

Why, because he graduated twice from UNC, the school which rejected you and forced you to attend Mooo U? Because he has a hot wife and you don’t and never will? Misery, envy, jealousy...

i'm sorry, but I do think that getting rid of Manning the wrong way - with racist dog whistles being one way but not the only one - is WAY more embarrassing than going 11-20 again.

Also, it makes getting our first or second choice next year much more difficult, even with the AD change. I am convinced that the billboard stupidity five years ago was part of the reason we got our 5th choice hire as coach (or whatever it was - Manning certainly wasn't our first choice).

If you want to act like a dumbshit alumni, do it here. It's expected. As soon as you try and "shame" Manning for essentially trying to do his job, bad shit is going to happen. If back-to-back 20 loss seasons cannot get a coach canned, billboards won't either. And racist dog whistles definitely won't.

Honestly, DR's stupidity scares the shit out of me.
What’s racist about DR’s idea? I don’t agree with DR’s opinion on needing a very small arena, but he’s not dumb. Far from it.

Why, because he graduated twice from UNC, the school which rejected you and forced you to attend Mooo U? Because he has a hot wife and you don’t and never will? Misery, envy, jealousy...

Pics ?

If this plays out like we fear, it's why I wanted a new AD to have no prior connections to Wake. Wellman leaves, clean break with the past, new AD comes in with a blank slate. Instead we did it the Hatch/Wellman way and have this absurd comedy where nobody knows who's in charge and Currie is going to get saddled with all kinds of baggage out of the gate.

David Glenn is the lowest form of human trash alive. Not surprising that you guys listen to him like its the gospel

How has this troll not been banned? No reason not to ban a Wuffie

Tau and a couple others are good people and add to the convo. this guy is an opposing fan troll. fuck em

It's amazing to me that Ron gave Danny an $18 million fully guaranteed buyout when there were no potential suitors trying to take him away. Like, why? I'd understand if he was having insane success at Wake and we were afraid a bigger school would poach him, but that wasn't even remotely the case.

Fuck us.... Honestly this is torture hoping they will fire him, it's easier not giving a rats ass about this program. The higher-that-be's apparently don't.

so i've been out most of the day. any updates other than not a goddamn thing?

i'm sorry, but I do think that getting rid of Manning the wrong way - with racist dog whistles being one way but not the only one - is WAY more embarrassing than going 11-20 again.

Also, it makes getting our first or second choice next year much more difficult, even with the AD change. I am convinced that the billboard stupidity five years ago was part of the reason we got our 5th choice hire as coach (or whatever it was - Manning certainly wasn't our first choice).

If you want to act like a dumbshit alumni, do it here. It's expected. As soon as you try and "shame" Manning for essentially trying to do his job, bad shit is going to happen. If back-to-back 20 loss seasons cannot get a coach canned, billboards won't either. And racist dog whistles definitely won't.

Honestly, DR's stupidity scares the shit out of me.

Incompetence is color blind. DR is not racist. He is pissed and willing to do something about it even if many disagree. LOWF mentality is killing us.

Mannng sucks fucking fire him now or the administration should be under siege for the buyout. Seriously

What’s racist about DR’s idea? I don’t agree with DR’s opinion on needing a very small arena, but he’s not dumb. Far from it.

His idea is to shame Manning into walking away from a chunk of his buy out. I think this severely hurts in the subsequent coaching search whenever that happens. The stank of the billboard from 5 years ago is now gone. Add to that DR's use of dog whistle language - calling Manning dumb and lazy - just adds to my belief that DR should not be taking a front seat on anything Wake related.

It is probably why he doesn't have a donor leadership position now.

Honestly, even if Manning were dumb and lazy, you simply don't use that language. The fact that you can call Manning many many things, but lazy would NOT be one of them, makes the language used that much more troubling. Reminds me of my relative who always declared himself NOT a racist. However, if a Black driver pulled out in front of him, the language came out ... Don't know DR from Donald Rumsfeld so I AM NOT calling him a racist - just an idiot dumbass for using the obvious dog whistle. Keep him in the backseat. Or better, lock him in a container and stuff him on the container ship until a new coach has been hired, hopefully within the next few weeks/months.

This is a shitshow. The only hope now is that they are waiting to talk to coaches still in the tournamanet and dont want to announce the firing until they have the new coach lined up.

Maybe it is like Hoosier ' s Cole Anthony says he want to play at Wake, but only if coach stays. And they are just waiting to make the announcement. Lol

This is a shitshow. The only hope now is that they are waiting to talk to coaches still in the tournamanet and dont want to announce the firing until they have the new coach lined up.

giphy.gif

Just brainstorming because we will never know the contract terms (and I don’t believe we owe anything near $18m), but what are the chances the buy-out amount for this year steps down ‘at the end of the basketball season’ or on a specific date like April 1 each year? If for some unknown reason it’s vague enough on that language that it could mean the NCAA season rather than Wake’s season or specific enough about a date we haven’t yet passed and reaching that date saves us $500k-$2M, that would be a legitimate reason to wait. Also, what others have guessed about closing the time the job is open if we’re only looking at guys stil coaching makes some sense. Otherwise I’m at a loss as to why we are waiting.

Only reason to give that buyout is if you think Kansas is a possibility at the time

His idea is to shame Manning into walking away from a chunk of his buy out. I think this severely hurts in the subsequent coaching search whenever that happens. The stank of the billboard from 5 years ago is now gone. Add to that DR's use of dog whistle language - calling Manning dumb and lazy - just adds to my belief that DR should not be taking a front seat on anything Wake related.

It is probably why he doesn't have a donor leadership position now.

Honestly, even if Manning were dumb and lazy, you simply don't use that language. The fact that you can call Manning many many things, but lazy would NOT be one of them, makes the language used that much more troubling. Reminds me of my relative who always declared himself NOT a racist. However, if a Black driver pulled out in front of him, the language came out ... Don't know DR from Donald Rumsfeld so I AM NOT calling him a racist - just an idiot dumbass for using the obvious dog whistle. Keep him in the backseat. Or better, lock him in a container and stuff him on the container ship until a new coach has been hired, hopefully within the next few weeks/months.

Tons of white people and coaches are dumb and lazy. Anyone who has watched DM coach 5 games and listen to 5 of his post games can easily see he is dumb as a rock. The lazy comes from his mannerisms and lack of a go-getter personality. He’s loaded and a hero in Kansas. He isn’t driven to succeed like a young, hungry coach. And btw, nobody calls Shaka dumb.

Back