• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Anything more than saying Manning remains our coach means He is a lame duck anyways. Anything that vague after the momentum to oust him means the fan base will be pitchfork mob angry, any attempt to justify keeping someone that lost 20 games and has sucked for years will just be more lying to the fan base. All good will Currie could possibly have evaporated immediately.

Why even bother caring anymore?

This is the correct response. I have tried to maintain my interest in Wake basketball thru the last 10 years but it is a complete waste of time. In fact it is embarrassing to even waste time watching a team that regularly loses games by 20 plus. It’s been a good ride and thanks for the memories, Wake basketball, but you are not worth it anymore. Good luck to John Currie building a donor base.

Will also add that I don’t believe this to be true.

I refuse to believe Manning will be retained until I hear it from Wellman or Currie’s mouth.

Try as they might, there is NO justification for keeping him around.

There is one "justification" and only one justification. Wellman fucked up so bad by entering into a contract that is so bad, that they can't get rid of Manning despite EVERYONE in the nation realizing that they have to get rid of Manning. And if there is a press conference, and Wellman tries to present any other narrative, then I hope to goodness that someone in the media has the balls to tell him that he is full of shit, and that every knows that his complete incompetence is the only reason that Manning is still the coach at WF. Any chance that Disco Dan would end up at a press conference?

Haha so done, Wake is run by the dumbest fucking people. Enjoy all 10 of your basketball fans, lots of room at the table now.

Nobody calls a press conference at 8:30.

It’s a lunch meeting for all of the geriatrics who have a seat at the shit table. I wonder if our boy Gerry will be handing out programs at the door and cleaning spittle off of chins. If true, then what a clown shoes operation. Actually, doesn’t matter if this is true. The AD is still a clown show.

There’s not really anyone left. This is about the most hardcore fan group and the game threads were under 100 posts sometimes, and it wasn’t because everyone was at the game.

Back