• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Currie seems like a DONK

There I said it

Certainly an improvement on being a smug asshole though

JC's trolling us...right?

One of two things going on here.

#1. This is a brilliant diversionary tactic to create the appearance that things are going as normal; meanwhile, working like hell behind the scenes to make things happen with a Manning replacement

#2. Totally clueless that his flagship athletic program is about to go the way of the Titanic

I'll "assume" #1 is the correct answer.

One of two things going on here.

#1. This is a brilliant diversionary tactic to create the appearance that things are going as normal; meanwhile, working like hell behind the scenes to make things happen with a Manning replacement

#2. Totally clueless that his flagship athletic program is about to go the way of the Titanic

I'll "assume" #1 is the correct answer.

Even if #1, far from brilliant...

If the powers to be were planning to retain Manning, they would or should have given a vote of confidence last weekend or by now. I believe the announcement of his resignation or firing is imminent. Of course knowing Wellman and the faux pax's he has orchestrated the last ten years anything could happen.

Tons of white people and coaches are dumb and lazy. Anyone who has watched DM coach 5 games and listen to 5 of his post games can easily see he is dumb as a rock. The lazy comes from his mannerisms and lack of a go-getter personality. He’s loaded and a hero in Kansas. He isn’t driven to succeed like a young, hungry coach. And btw, nobody calls Shaka dumb.

I don't know what to tell you then. I think you are lazy for not bothering to learn, research or figure out the absolute racial insensitivity of calling a black person dumb and lazy - a person making probably 7 to 8 times more than most on this board. Ignorance is form of laziness.

If the powers to be were planning to retain Manning, they would or should have given a vote of confidence last weekend or by now. I believe the announcement of his resignation or firing is imminent. Of course knowing Wellman and the faux pax's he has orchestrated the last ten years anything could happen.

I am trying to believe this as well. We’ve been burned so many times but I do believe that if they planned to retain him they would have already given him the formal seal of approval.

I’m told there will be a morning presser to try and justify keeping Manning.

If Wake is determined to keep DM and yet they allowed all this fan momentum to build for replacing him, that reflects a miserable lack of wisdom.

This makes no sense. Why would they call a press conference to say that Manning is keeping his job? Wellman doesn't feel like he needs to justify anything and he sure as hell doesn't want anyone questioning him. If Manning is staying, Wake will just release a statement to that affect to quell the speculation.

Unfuckingreal.

I mean why the fuck even bother. I hope the ACC kicks us out. We’re just stealing money at this point.

the fuck kind of contract makes it essentially impossible to fire someone for gross incompetence? way to go, lawyers.

Back